• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My favorite word is...

NicolePfisher

V.I.P Member
"Existentialism"! Well, one of them at least. I couldn't think of a clever title or what to put in this introduction, I'll just keep filling it up with stuff on my profile page.

I like amigurumi, sewing, pattern drafting, books and video games. I'm a cinephile who loves writing and natural science. My favorite author is John Steinbeck.

I am a Hufflepuff.

If given the choice between cats or dogs, I'd choose crows. Or owls, depending on which is easier to obtain a license for.

Welcome!

I have a lot of favorite words. Most are big words that are fun to say, but have dumb little meanings:
Defenestration
Borborygmus
Portmanteau
Lexiphanic
Calipygean

I'm no abecedarian to sesquipedalianism.

Welcome!

I have a lot of favorite words. Most are big words that are fun to say, but have dumb little meanings:
Defenestration
Borborygmus
Portmanteau
Lexiphanic
Calipygean

I'm no abecedarian to sesquipedalianism.

I feel like who ever coined Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is a complete sadist.

(It's not a real thing, but it's still funny to think about.)

"Existentialism"! Well, one of them at least. I couldn't think of a clever title or what to put in this introduction, I'll just keep filling it up with stuff on my profile page.

I like amigurumi, sewing, pattern drafting, books and video games. I'm a cinephile who loves writing and natural science. My favorite author is John Steinbeck.

I am a Hufflepuff.

If given the choice between cats or dogs, I'd choose crows. Or owls, depending on which is easier to obtain a license for.
I love words so much!! This is a great thread. Thank you for creating it. I am thinking of this stream of words right now: "πολυφλοίσβοιο θαλάσσης" It sounds like "Pol-oof-LOIS-boyo tha-LA-sayhs". Is that not BEAUTIFUL?! It means "loud-roaring sea" and is from Homer's Iliad, Book 1, line 34.

Hi Nicole

welcome to af.png

I love words so much!! This is a great thread. Thank you for creating it. I am thinking of this stream of words right now: "πολυφλοίσβοιο θαλάσσης" It sounds like "Pol-oof-LOIS-boyo tha-LA-sayhs". Is that not BEAUTIFUL?! It means "loud-roaring sea" and is from Homer's Iliad, Book 1, line 34.
Yeah, that is a pretty phrase. I don't know any greek, personally.

I had tried learning a little russian in the past but realized I wouldn't go far with the materials I had available to me. They were all books from the 50's so they were laced with phrases that referred to others as "comrade". What I remember is that the letter that looks like ll in english makes an "oo" sound and that Russian cursive gives me a head ache.

I think the word I like most belonging to a language that is not my first is "geshem". Modern hebrew for rain.

Last edited:
I think it was a great introduction, and welcome to the forum! :p

I'm a huge fan of words myself, I love dissecting them and thinking about the history and meanings behind them. I haven't really thought about which one I would pick as a favorite though, I'd have to think about that more. I'll say instead a Latin phrase that I really like: "Dum Spiro Spero".
I highly agree with your bird choice, adore owls they are one of my favorite animals and crows are awesome too. I actually have a collection of owl toys/figures/art from when I was younger that numbers in the hundreds :rolleyes: .

I had tried learning a little russian in the past but realized I wouldn't go far with the materials I had available to me. They were all books from the 50's so they were laced with phrases that referred to others as "comrade". What I remember is that the letter that looks like ll in english makes an "oo" sound and that Russian cursive gives me a head ache
That's really awesome and kinda hilarious! I think the letter you mean that makes the "oo" sound is written as "y". You are really brave to tackle Russian cursive though! :) I never even tried myself .

I like work origins, too.

I love gregarious because it comes from Latin "grex" which means flock, like a flock of sheep. Gregarious people like to flock, they are social.

Another is Obfuscate from Latin: fuscus- which means dark.

Makes perfect sense!

Vowels backward then forwards only please :)

Sequioa - anxiety driving vowels all over the place.

I knew about the alphabetical order of vowels in abstemious[ly] and facetious[ly]. I totally missed the reverse order in "unnoticeably". I will now hang my head in shame for 7 seconds.

New Threads

Top Bottom