• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Naming objects

DaisyRose

I love to name random objects. I have a pink knife named Christine lol from the car Christine movie. I like to name my plushies too.

About the only time something like that stuck was my last car that I owned for 17 years.

I called it "The Batmobile". 17 years later I learned never to have a black car in the desert.

Whatever you choose to call it!

Batmobile.jpg

I call my SUV The Spaceship.
It's large, metallic gray and takes up a lot of space.

I like naming my plushies too. Grumpy and Ragdoll-cat plushies.
Snatch the Unicorn I sleep with. Eddie Bear.
Three small unicorns in a group: G'baal, Rhys, and Rees.
110-1079_IMG.jpg

@DaisyRose
I love that you do this. I am the same way.

Just last night, I started using a band that will help monitor some of my basic functions like sleep patterns, blood pressure, pulse, etc. After I got it all set up, my next thought was what shall I name it? I haven’t decided yet. But it will come to me.

1696488616245.jpeg

Hand tools that I use well tend to be personified. When I want the big forming hammer, I reach for Buster.

(a forming hammer is a heavy hammer used in forging/forming metal. I work with soft metals, so Buster is slender compared to iron forming hammers)

When setting up my TV, it asked me to name the device, like lounge, kitchen or whatever. Without thinking I typed "John". So now occasionally when I'm doing something on my phone or laptop it'll ask if I want to connect to John. Thing is I don't really sit with John much any more. I watch everything on my laptop. I hope John isn't too lonely.

I often feel like they're people, but don't name them. It's funny to think about. I never really reflected on it.

New Threads

Top Bottom