• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nausea getting worse and need to allievate it now

CGlvs

i am still experiencing with bouts of nausea and cramping almost every night for the past week, however, the worst time of these symptoms to flare up is between after dinner and around bedtime, but it can happen on any time of the day. In addition, the nausea can be triggered when I was feeling something in my throat that cause me to cough rapidly for a few seconds, this often occurs during sleep, and afterwards, the nausea gradually becomes intense and could last for almost an hour. As a person who is on the spectrum, I also have a fear of vomiting since childhood and haven't thrown up in 30 years. All these symptoms can also trigger neurological symptoms like lightheadedness upon standing, loss of balance, feeling of faint, and tremors.

Since the nausea is becoming more bothersome, can clearing out contents of my gastrointestinal tract using both Miralax and Dulcolax help alleivate the nausea symptoms that often flares up for days even though I don't have food poisoning? Last year, I had an endoscopy done by my gastroenterologist discovered that I have a very small hiatal hernia. It's also worth noting that my family often eats dinner at around 9pm, sometimes close to 10, but I don't go to bed until like 2:30am.

I wonder if anyone who is in the spectrum experience the same stomach symptoms I have?

You need to seek the counsel of an appropriately trained and licensed medical practitioner. Following medical advice doled out by unqualified people (such as myself and other random members of a social website) could worsen your condition and even put your life at risk.

Definitely go see a doc. It might be GERD, lots of what you say fits: the timing, feeling something in your throat when you sleep, the cough, the hernia. I'd strongly advise not trying to guess or taking advice off people in a forum, go see them, don't start doing things like trying to clear out your GI tract.

For Illnesses, its ok to look into it yourself, but the real solution is seeing a Doctor.

That's not just a stomach upset. That is something serious.

Ducolax and Miralax give you artificially induced diarrhea. Unless you are constipated, you've just messed your body up worse. They will not fix whatever makes you sick, though they might just mask it. Medical masking is VERY bad.

Get thee to a licensed doctor. If they can't fix it right away, they may give a referral to gastroenterology.

I have never understood why people who have a dire medical condition would go online for advice. There is no possible worse source of medical information than social media. If you absolutely must, tell us about what happened after the diagnosis.

New Threads

Top Bottom