• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nerdy Haiku

Jumpinbare

Aspie Naturist and Absent-minded Professor dude
V.I.P Member
Circuit boards hum soft,
Wires tangled, power flows through,
Diodes blink with life.

Pixels paint the screen,
Code whispers in the background,
Bytes dance through the night.

Photons kiss the waves,
Quarks beneath the surface spin,
Fields weave through the void.

Atoms bond with grace,
Molecules in liquid dance,
Ions drift through space.

Neurons spark with light,
DNA strands twist and coil,
Cells divide with life.

Electrons in flight,
Galaxies spin in the dark,
Atoms form the stars.

Quarks and protons spin,
Nebulae swirl in the void,
Genes map life's design.

Waves travel through air,
Transceivers broadcast the signal,
Frequencies align.

Antennas reach high,
Signals pulse through open space,
Bandwidth hums with life.

Circuit boards hum soft,
Wires tangled, power flows through,
Diodes blink with life.

Pixels paint the screen,
Code whispers in the background,
Bytes dance through the night.

Photons kiss the waves,
Quarks beneath the surface spin,
Fields weave through the void.

Atoms bond with grace,
Molecules in liquid dance,
Ions drift through space.

Neurons spark with light,
DNA strands twist and coil,
Cells divide with life.

Electrons in flight,
Galaxies spin in the dark,
Atoms form the stars.

Quarks and protons spin,
Nebulae swirl in the void,
Genes map life's design.

Waves travel through air,
Transceivers broadcast the signal,
Frequencies align.

Antennas reach high,
Signals pulse through open space,
Bandwidth hums with life.

Great work :) This reminds me of a cross between The Penguin Book of Haiku and Lucretius's The Nature of Things.

I can't do haiku,
It doesn't rhyme near enough,
I prefer my prose.

I much prefer rhyming prose myself but technically I think you actually did just do a haiku.
That was sorta the idea - kinda right, but actually sh!te 😁

Fake paradox and irrational contention,
Are great material for one with pretention!
For some reason my mind get's off on those rhymes,
And taking the widdle - that definitely chimes.
It's all meant to be light hearted,
So don't look at me like I've farted! 😮😉

Haiku I could rhyme,
Would be sorta kinda fine,
If only there was time.

Syllables schmilables,
Vot does it matter,
When the writer is me,
Mad as a hatter!

Last edited:
I love @Jumpinbare 's haiku's, they're just the sort of topics I enjoy, but I think I miss a lot out of them. They look like they'd evoke grand imagery and feelings (I'd be fascinated to know what others read in them in that fashion, the feelings, imagery, emotions ...) but I can't get that myself with almost any descriptive words and/or pictures.
I suspect haiku structure is much more suited to that kind of art, while just rhyming has far fewer rigid rules making it much easier to express some kind of meaning, but maybe cheapening it too (in my case), because it takes less effort and skill.

I suspect haiku structure is much more suited to that kind of art, while just rhyming has far fewer rigid rules making it much easier to express some kind of meaning, but maybe cheapening it too (in my case), because it takes less effort and skill.

Rhyming can be just as rigid, depending on the scheme. I'd say it's often more convoluted. I think haiku is very natural. The poems may be short and have a specific rule, but they are dream-like in presenting small moments/images with--potentially--bigger meaning. They can also be fairly dirty.

There's an old practice, as well, of different poets completing a series of haikus, following a theme or idea set by the first. Imagine each haiku in Jumpinbare's series written by someone else. They'd go together, but have a sense of variety, coming from different people. You could say it's like Japanese ink paintings compared to European portraits. Both are impressive, but the first has a more personable, interactive feel. The second is more remote and commanding, risking more stiffness. The first is more natural, while the second--in its realism--is still posed.

Trees whisper in the wind
Smell in the air
Putrescent
Decadent
A tear rolls out.

Tempting the feeling
In my own world
Drip
Drop
I feel good.

Water is deep
Water is cold
Swamp rescue
Relief
A joyful event.

My voice
Shouted
For help
Without
Words.

With the trees
I talk
Only I
Know
The trees
Have feelings.

The swamp
Spoke
And I
Made sounds.

And I
Cling
To trees,
To humans.
Hugs
Comfort me
In the forest.

Clingy swamp,
I forgive you.

Last edited:
Rhyming can be just as rigid, depending on the scheme.
But there's many a scheme to play with, and length indeterminate. And my being somewhat, er, wordy (verbal diarrhoea to be more precise) that suits too.
but they are dream-like in presenting small moments/images with--potentially--bigger meaning.
I can't do emotive, and 17 syllable's just isn't enough for my semantics. I appreciate what they can do, and the different ways to use them, but it's like watching a sport I can't do - I can see the complexity and subtly and skill in the abstract, but can't truly appreciate the content for what it represents.

I love the idea of them, but it's just one of those many things outside my ability.

Never eat again
My guts are burning like fire
My ultimate gripe

My haiku's are dull
Empty and quite hollowed out
Lacking all feeling

I need to rhyme now
But I can't carry it off
Maybe I should stop

Getting the hang now
Although it seems trite to read
Rhyming is better