• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nest Dwellers: Making dinner suggestions to parents and then worrying about them forgetting

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
As you guys know, I've explained that I don't find myself fit to survive on my own due to lacking the natural ability to designate my own periods of time to take care of things to do, organize things to be set out like medications, bills, money etc. or even life skills that %99.99 of every adult around me knows how to do so well that I can't, like cooking or even making a bed sheet look neat.

So, I just prefer to stay living with my parents. It's much easier and it's way less stressful (and we all know stress is bad for the ticker) because you have someone you trust completely managing things for you, unlike a complete stranger who got assigned to be your legal guardian at the behavioral health hospital and now controls your life like a slave master.....

AHEM. Anyway, I have a small anxiety with, brace yourself, making suggestions for what to eat for dinner. My folks allow this a lot of the time because what we eat around the house is kind of a free choice, unless Maddog is feeling especially strict, to where he says "you'll eat what we give you". Not that I mind.

So, if there's the free choice option, I'll think of something I haven't eaten in a long time, that I REALLY love. In this example, chinese takeout. I love this stuff. It's not really healthy, but eating it at a spotty pace doesn't hurt, I can just walk the calories off. So, I'll text my mother while she's out and say "Hey, what do you plan on bringing home for dinner? How about Jade Garden (a local asian restaurant where I live)?" And she replies "We'll see". Then I'll reminisce about the nostalgia I had with going to asian bistro's and hibachi restaurants as a kid, but then I'll be like "Oh crap, I accidentally saved over my mom's thoughts".

Anyone else feel this way sometimes? I can't be the only one who worries about....I don't know what to call this..."Overwriting plans"?

I thought you were a new member for a few paragraphs because the picture change! :eek:

I don't believe I've worried about anything of this nature. Is this a serious thing for you or is this more of a silly kind of topic?

Can't say I've ever worried about such a thing... maybe if you really want to eat something make the effort to get/cook it yourself? Added benefit of helping out your mum!

@UberScout

I am not sure what you're asking.

Which are you more concerned about?
Making sure parents know what you want to eat?
Anxiety over being the one to ask for something in particular?
Staying on topic? (not veering off subject of food to something else)

Or what?

Usually when i make suggestions it's something everyone can agree on, like pizza. What i was trying to say is part of me thinks she forgets later on in the day and it bugs me.

I read the problem as being a concern that what is decided for dinner will suddenly change to something else, something he doesn't want as much.

If they provide dinner every night, I think that's amazing!

New Threads

Top Bottom