• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Apple Pencil Revealed.. Thoughts?

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
Apple announced a “new” Apple Pencil that is cheaper than the first gen and second gen of Apple pencils. See the chart attached for why I think it’s crappy.

IMG_1614.png

At this point you could go on Amazon and buy an Apple Pencil dupe that does the exact same thing, but at a lower price point.

The “new” Apple Pencil..

Supports USBC charging, it CAN be placed magnetically but it won’t charge, just goes into sleep mode after a bit.
Has no pressure sensitivity (why)
Supports Hover on M2 IPad Pros
Is only compatible with the iPad (10th generation) and newer.

At this point it’s better to buy an iPad that supports Apple Pencil capabilities (6th gen-1st/2nd gen of iPad pros)

The “new” Apple Pencil..

Supports USBC charging, it CAN be placed magnetically but it won’t charge, just goes into sleep mode after a bit.
Has no pressure sensitivity (why)
Supports Hover on M2 IPad Pros
Is only compatible with the iPad (10th generation) and newer.

At this point it’s better to buy an iPad that supports Apple Pencil capabilities (6th gen-1st/2nd gen of iPad pros)
Start here:

Seems like it'd make more sense to just save up for the better one. Something like this is meant to be used a lot over time, after all, so it seems to me that it's worth the investment for anyone doing a lot of art stuff on there.

I have the second generation one myself, it works out just fine.

Apple announced a “new” Apple Pencil that is cheaper than the first gen and second gen of Apple pencils. See the chart attached for why I think it’s crappy.
Clearly you're not alone in such sentiments. Odd, IMO given how Apple panders to a cult following which in the past has been very successful, although in the process it inherently limits their share of the market. A very deliberate and carefully crafted business strategy.

Makes me wonder what is going on with them, particularly on the precipice of introducing their M3 processor in a number of their main products- including their tablets. In this respect, producing something cheaper and pared down in terms of features doesn't make a lot of sense.

In fact it may actually alienate their main customer base, known to pay the highest prices for what are interpreted as superior products. And this one just ain't it.

One thing that does bother me personally about this product is that it does seem consistent with other prominent high tech companies with similar marketing strategies.

To flood the market with multiple tiers of the same products which may actually be intended to confuse the public. Something Intel and AMD have doing with their processors, and Nvidia with video cards.

When you can perpetuate such confusion, you can fool the public into buying a new, more expensive product that actually may have lower specifications than previous ones.

Where newer is predictably costlier, but no longer better at all. Just another spin on "bait and switch".

View attachment 118488
Apple seems to have a history, when they make something cheaper, of going from hideously expensive to merely outrageously expensive.

The warranty had not run out on my only Apple product before I boycotted the company. I have never been slightly tempted to try them again.

New Threads

Top Bottom