• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Overwhelmed

DaisyRose

I had to leave work early because I got overwhelmed. We got a lot of food delivered at one time and it was too much to handle. I woke up this morning feeling really tired. Even though I went to bed super early. Then I had this weird guy talk to me on my break so I couldn’t relax. He wanted to try and get my phone number and I said I don’t feel comfortable giving my phone number. I'm like ugh leave me alone.

Why I am unable to work, due to that very reason.

It was a nightmare when I did work and I found out that I am better off when left alone. Also, cannot deal with breaks. I just want to get the job done ( not to leave early, but just because that is the purpose of working).

Well done for knowing your limits.

I had to leave work early because I got overwhelmed. We got a lot of food delivered at one time and it was too much to handle. I woke up this morning feeling really tired. Even though I went to bed super early. Then I had this weird guy talk to me on my break so I couldn’t relax. He wanted to try and get my phone number and I said I don’t feel comfortable giving my phone number. I'm like ugh leave me alone.
When someone asks for your phone number, a one word answer will do: NO. You don’t have to say anything else. No explanations, no apologies. Just NO.

It will be difficult to do at first, but with time it will be easier.

Hope you are feeling better by now, @DaisyRose. Sounds rough.

Here's a friendly beetle to cheer you up a bit.

1722466597543.jpeg

Why I am unable to work, due to that very reason.

It was a nightmare when I did work and I found out that I am better off when left alone. Also, cannot deal with breaks. I just want to get the job done ( not to leave early, but just because that is the purpose of working).

Well done for knowing your limits.
I have to take a lunch break because it calms me down and resets my brain.

Exactly, you were right in telling him to forgetta about it. But it is horrible when they don't take the hint. And if they are super persistent, then it's very upsetting. I had to tell a guy not to talk to me, so then he went on and on about his virtues, and l already told him, my boyfriend is moving here, and he still was pushy.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom