• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

please add autism spectrum disorder diagnosis status option

saturnv

I think it would be good to add autism spectrum disorder as a diagnosis status option in user profiles. I somehow doubt that I am the only person here that is unwilling to select an option that is not technically correct. For the same reason, the older diagnoses should remain in the list. That way everyone can pick an accurate option.

I see that this has been requested in the past a few times. I haven't seen a response that would indicate why it hasn't been done. Is it that people don't like the new system? I know there are problems with it, but it is a diagnosis that many people have received and I think they should be able to put it in their profile if they want.

I see that this has been requested in the past a few times.
I did the same, it irked me a bit too. Now I've got it appearing under my profile pic instead, that works well enough for me.

Another part that I'd like to see changed is where we can hide or show our date of birth. That part's back to front.

screen84.jpg

I DO want people to be able to see my age. I think that it's very important to know how old (roughly) someone is because this changes the way in which you'll respond to them.

I DO NOT want my date of birth showing. I hate birthdays, always have. I don't celebrate my birthday and I find it incredibly awkward and embarrassing when people keep wishing me happy birthday and expecting me to be happy about it. I'm not 5 years old any more. As it is now I turn that whole feature off for a couple of months every ear.

I did the same, it irked me a bit too. Now I've got it appearing under my profile pic instead, that works well enough for me.

Another part that I'd like to see changed is where we can hide or show our date of birth. That part's back to front.

View attachment 135137

I DO want people to be able to see my age. I think that it's very important to know how old (roughly) someone is because this changes the way in which you'll respond to them.

I DO NOT want my date of birth showing. I hate birthdays, always have. I don't celebrate my birthday and I find it incredibly awkward and embarrassing when people keep wishing me happy birthday and expecting me to be happy about it. I'm not 5 years old any more. As it is now I turn that whole feature off for a couple of months every ear.
Especially since here in the US now, DOB is being used as a security feature.

I think it would be good to add autism spectrum disorder as a diagnosis status option in user profiles. I somehow doubt that I am the only person here that is unwilling to select an option that is not technically correct. For the same reason, the older diagnoses should remain in the list. That way everyone can pick an accurate option.

I see that this has been requested in the past a few times. I haven't seen a response that would indicate why it hasn't been done. Is it that people don't like the new system? I know there are problems with it, but it is a diagnosis that many people have received and I think they should be able to put it in their profile if they want.
If you need a 100 % correct label, try joining wrong planet, where neurotypicals will welcome you as proof that they were correct, yes they have all achieved sainthood

New Threads

Top Bottom