• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Plentyoffish.com

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
So I recently signed up for a free account on PlentyOfFish.com which is a UK based dating site, I've had a few matches and contacted a few members, one of whom actually wants to meet me even though I'm slightly older than she is at nearly 42.

Should I go ahead and meet this person? "Stranger Danger" and all that?

Go for it! Make sure you meet in a well-lit, public place (coffeehouse, for instance). Install a fake phone call app (like Fake Me a Call, 4.2 stars) on your phone and have it call you 15 minutes into the date so that you can have a valid excuse to leave if the date is going horribly.

And...

If the date is going well, you can tell her that it was a fake call, but she is such a great date that you decided to stay...;)

I would agree with @Beguiling Orbit in that if you do meet, do it in somewhere public. I met my husband online (MySpace) and when we first met in RL, we did so in a local pub in the city centre.

I use a similar site.
I used another site and met the woman I dreamed would bear my children but alas she and I are not meant to be.

No regrets.

Go for it! You never know what it might lead to. Have fun and don't go in with any expectations, look on the bright side of however it turns out. Even if it's not so good, you could figure "At least I went out for the evening, maybe enjoyed some of the time of it, had a good meal... or whatever."

I was not aware POF was based in the UK as it seems fairly prominent over the globe. I was on there recently and thought it had gone quite a bit down hill from what it once was. I use a paid dating site. The fact that you have to pay for it seems to cut out a fair fraction of the riff raff.

Go for it! You never know what it might lead to. Have fun and don't go in with any expectations, look on the bright side of however it turns out. Even if it's not so good, you could figure "At least I went out for the evening, maybe enjoyed some of the time of it, had a good meal... or whatever."

I was not aware POF was based in the UK as it seems fairly prominent over the globe. I was on there recently and thought it had gone quite a bit down hill from what it once was. I use a paid dating site. The fact that you have to pay for it seems to cut out a fair fraction of the riff raff.

It's not based in the UK, apparently it's based in Vancouver, British Colombia.

Anyway I've had a message today from a woman down in Southampton who wants to meet me, problem is logistically that'd be a nightmare, I don't drive so getting down there would be super expensive on the Train, but in her profile it says she drives so could she come up here?

I sent her a message to say hi anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom