• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Point of no return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayla55

This one isn't nature series, it's very city slick for autism. The issue with the guns and killing is they unrealistic and cover up government use of special talents. In other words why autism suits the government but isn't necessarily the best interests of the people.

This post discusses bad politicians who done very little for autism

This one isn't nature series, it's very city slick for autism. The issue with the guns and killing is they unrealistic and cover up government use of special talents. In other words why autism suits the government but isn't necessarily the best interests of the people.

This post discusses bad politicians who done very little for autism
There are two themes raised by a movie likes this.

It's very well established that governments were looking to take advantage of people with disabilities and those with abnormal cognition, as the Nazi regime under Dr. Mengele conducted many famously cruel experiments on them. The extermination camps illustrated the desire to put those regarded as inferior to use for brute labor, but the only reason to experiment on them, is to search for more sophisticated uses or applications for those perceived as weaker or more vulnerable.

The other theme is the manufacturing of government patsies, which was theorized as the source of the operatives who killed contemporaries JFK and MLK. There is abundant evidence this actually happens, but it gets suppressed. It, does however show up as a pervasive theme in popular media.

- Firefly/Serenity
- Stranger Things
- Hitman/Codename 47
- The Hunger Games

I've seen this film before. All I see here is someone unfairly implying that autistic persons are inherently weaker humans subject to exploitation by government, because we are perceived as being substance abusers, sociopaths and misanthropes. Ripe to be recruited as "expendable assets" by nefarious government officials.

Never mind the film in question never mentions or implies autism, apart from every synopsis of the film I can find online so far. In essence such Hollywood references are not helpful to us as an autistic community.

I doubt most of us here are ruthless assassins or down-and-out drug addicts. We deal with our condition the best we can, but it doesn't mean we should be so demonized. -Whether some of us are more susceptible to substance abuse or not.

IMO as an attempt to criticize government, such an issue should best leave autism out of the equation altogether.

Last edited:
All I see here is someone unfairly implying that autistic persons are inherently weaker humans subject to exploitation by government, because we are perceived as being substance abusers, sociopaths and misanthropes. Ripe to be recruited as "expendable assets" by nefarious government officials.

Never mind the film in question never mentions or implies autism, apart from every synopsis of the film I can find online so far.

In essence such Hollywood references are not helpful to us as an autistic community. I doubt most of us here are ruthless assassins or down-and-out drug addicts. We deal with our condition the best we can, but it doesn't mean we should be so demonized.

I don't think African American slaves are weaker because they were enslaved, so taking the perspective of exploiters and abusers who actually exist is not helpful. The bottom line is that there are people who think that basically everyone who is different is weak, and either disposable or potentially useful, and history makes that very obvious.

I don't think African American slaves are weaker because they were enslaved, so taking the perspective of exploiters and abusers who actually exist is not helpful. The bottom line is that there are people who think that basically everyone who is different is weak, and either disposable or potentially useful, and history makes that very obvious.
And bringing this up helps us as autistic community how?

It doesn't. It just leads to more stigmatization. I can understand circumventing the rules by having autism in the equation so it can be posted and discussed, but in this instance it's just doing us more harm than good.

And bringing this up helps us as autistic community how?

It doesn't. It just leads to more stigmatization. I can understand circumventing the rules by having autism in the equation so it can be posted and discussed, but in this instance it's just doing us more harm than good.

I realize this sounds like a really wild proposition, but people should be aware of indicators that a child is being targeted by groomers.

- Sexual abuse
- Indoctrination with violence
- Passing of fighting, weapons, or sabotage manuals
- Denial of education (pervasive in the inner city)
- Baiting with vices to drive a wedge between a target and societal support
- Harassment, bullying

I saw all of these things in the real-life Capitol, and the intent was not any different than described by novelist Suzanne Collins. Now, if people cared, and had any manner of conscience, they would do something to raise awareness so that people can get their kids out of harm's way, but they don't seem to. They are confident that it's always someone else's problem.

There was a major period in US history known as the Cold War, and that attests to an environment of sabotage and ideological and psychological warfare. That's the period where I grew up in the Washington D.C. area, and what I found is that people were committed to avoid overt violence on US soil, but what they were very obviously doing is attacking each other -- and especially vulnerable children -- in every other manner that they could come up with, and by leveraging the institutions, using home advantage. There was utterly no interest in anyone's safety.

Nothing I saw, reviews or summaries, says that the subject of
this movie is autism.

Nothing I saw, reviews or summaries, says that the subject of
this movie is autism.
Nor does movie Nell say it, but lady's observation was very clear, if word gets out about girls weakness,
We'll see problem for yourself.

I've seen this movie a few times. It is the basis for the series La Femme Nakita, female spy/assassin. I agree, I didn't see anything in the movie that suggested an autism spectrum character or theme. It is entertaining. Check your brains in at the door and just enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom