• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rainbow presenter Geoffrey Hayes dead at 76!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Link.

RIP, although to be honest, I did used to watch Rainbow, but I thought Geoffrey was a bit weird.

Just a shame now that most of the original cast of Rainbow are dead, Bungle died a few years back, Zippy died last year as I recall, and now Geoffrey's dead, not sure about the guy behind that pink Hippo.

It is a shame. Rainbow was part of my childhood too.

Bit of trivia that's always made me smile. Roy Skelton who provided the voices for both Zippy and George also did the voices of every single Dalek in classic Dr Who (up to Sylvester McCoy) from 1967 onwards and was also the voice of most of the Cybermen in the same period :)

I found a link to the infamous "Twanger" episode on YouTube, I'd post it but I doubt the Mods would thank me, it's a bit er, "adult".

It's about as adult as a Carry On movie - hefty on the innuendo, and very silly. You're probably right not to post it just in case, but anyone who grew up with Rainbow and hasn't seen it should look it up if they don't mind a bit of risqué 70s style humour :)

Whenever I hear the phrase "New Jersey" I always picture Dr Mrs-The Monarch (nee Dr Girlfriend) from The Venture Bros saying it...
:grin:

New Threads

Top Bottom