• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reactions from people

All-Rounder

No fear of depths and great fear of shallow living
V.I.P Member
I mentioned it recently but I am completely flabbergasted because I am getting very positive reactions to my "autism" awareness necklace, a man asked me if I wanted his own cart though I had one that was vacant. And he had a coin in it.

People are in chorus feeling sorry about my condition and while that's shocking, uncomfortable and scary and it's a big change, it's something good.

People fought over my illness when someone was trying to bully me. That never happens, like ever.

A guard led the way for me outside, I didn't notice him until I was less cluttered with shopping.

I just feel all around more understood and safer. I feel like people are taking care of me. I feel like people are like a disability dog! (And more!)

And I would of never believed, like I tried everything to deal with all the stressors outside. In my country people are savage. But not anymore.

Wow, that is lovely. Where did you get the "autism" awareness necklace?

I have made up a card, but of course, it rarely gets shown and because I look "normal" it is hard going. Although I have been stimming in public more ( a new stim).

So glad for you, that you are feeling safer and understood.

Wow, that is lovely. Where did you get the "autism" awareness necklace?

I have made up a card, but of course, it rarely gets shown and because I look "normal" it is hard going. Although I have been stimming in public more ( a new stim).

So glad for you, that you are feeling safer and understood.
My brain is very on the go, and gets ideas and I improvise a lot with my outfits so I got an idea and made it myself with colored pencils in a couple mins, initially it was supposed to be something else because I had issues with my printer. But I cut a small part of a bigger message and added my own message.

Delivery would of taken ages, plus the selection phase, size checking and costs. Though maybe I should invest in one and order one online given all the success with it.

It's practically just been a few days, maybe 2-3 where I was really public exposed and the success is amazing, every day something good.

Last edited:
I found a bread bit thrown in my cart as well and I don't know who did it in the store but it's probably a good thing. I didn't eat it though, I put it on a big wooden support for products.

Since wearing my autism t shirts in public, I have had zero negative reactions, and I am consistently seeing store employees being friendly without condescending. Prior to wearing the shirts, store employees pretty imteracted indifferently with me. Some have said they really like the shirts and that they have autistic friends or family members

Since wearing my autism t shirts in public, I have had zero negative reactions, and I am consistently seeing store employees being friendly without condescending. Prior to wearing the shirts, store employees pretty imteracted indifferently with me. Some have said they really like the shirts and that they have autistic friends or family members
I love that. I didn't expect all of this!

Ppl seem to smile more at me, on the street, and even younger ones. The world has turned autistic. 😀

Well there was one lady when I was wearing the tag to be fair that kind of raised her voice and explained something inaccurate to me as though it's common sense but it's so false, she doesn't know the offices she works for well enough. I just shortened the convo and headed to the door as I was just saying yeah my package is not here. It was condescending as well, she treated me like I was less able. But I guess sometimes you can't have both worlds. I told her I got packages there before that I failed to pick up but she didn't get it and switched to her convictions.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom