• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Remake Edward Scissorhands II

Kayla55

I think the ending was sad so need a new educational version.
Sometimes autism is not reading social clues, but at times it's misinterpreting due to magnifying a misunderstanding.

Edwards trouble started with a certain girl, and relevance is movies still send this message out, men compete to get pretty girls who are not their own female version, so it leads to men being unhappy as they think this is way men are supposed to be.
The one movie the child's stepmother had so much surgery to look like a Barbie and was too young, a family disgrace but father was so blind to the reactions of the people around. Even if she is older, buying into the typical Barbie image is shallow. Not all women agree to marry for money and in past arranged marriages lent a silence on women saying no, love is a standard worth fighting for.
Should Edward have fancied the daughter of Adams family can create further confusion in sense that no autism isn't about a goth who dances at different social event, we not really dancers.

Diagnosis and masking are confusion issues that leave vulnerable spaces. So in a world of black and white there is less definition in grey areas. Trying to fulfill your must have female trophy and using autistic vulnerabilities is by no means acceptable and requires society to act on this disgrace.
I think this is a key guideline for men with disabilities, seek a partner who is compatible and define not by TV guidelines but on what you want in a women. I believe autistic people are generally less shallow, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I know one thing for sure about the remake. It will suck. A lot. All day long. The original movie was great, any remake will just be a pale copy, not possible to remake greatness like that and get a good result because it will always be compared to the original.

In the first film, the obnoxious and meddlesome neighbors were the most frightening part. Even though it wasn't even a horror film. Just cannot mind their own business and leave people alone.

New Threads

Top Bottom