• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Science Nerds

FayetheAspie

❔️🔍❔️🧲❔️⚙️❔️🧪Nerd❔️🔬❔️🖋❔️📷❔️📗
V.I.P Member
Where does a person find other people that are awkward in their social skills, own microscopes and other science equipment, enjoy examining plants, insects, ect., and sharing random science facts in real life. Such people exist in fiction and online but I just can't seem to find them in real life.

Maybe here? (One day I will post some micro photographs of the tiny monsters I've found in the aquarium...)

Nope - I don't know anywhere else.

I suppose if one is in school, or a largish city, there might be some tiny club one could join. Where I am? Nope.

I've been looking at classes at the local community college, thinking maybe not all the students are just going through the motions, but I've been to college and am aware that the odds of finding such people, even there, are low.

Maybe here? (One day I will post some micro photographs of the tiny monsters I've found in the aquarium...)

Nope - I don't know anywhere else.

I suppose if one is in school, or a largish city, there might be some tiny club one could join. Where I am? Nope.

I've been looking at classes at the local community college, thinking maybe not all the students are just going through the motions, but I've been to college and am aware that the odds of finding such people, even there, are low.
Are you referring to microscopic lifeforms that are in the water? I can remember comparing water sources under the microscope when I was a teenager and trying to draw what I found. I love macrophotography due to how you can observe tiny details of an object most often flowers or other plant parts and insects. I don't currently have the type of camera that can be used with my microscope though I hope to someday.

Where does a person find other people that are awkward in their social skills, own microscopes and other science equipment, enjoy examining plants, insects, ect., and sharing random science facts in real life. Such people exist in fiction and online but I just can't seem to find them in real life.
Academia, primarily. The scientific community at large involved with higher education. But we all know what that involve$.

However you seem to be interested in the possibilities of vocational training along the lines of science. That might be the best avenue of approach for you. Though socializing comes at a cost when you are trying in vain to learn something interesting, but challenging as well.

Though there's a possible bonus in addition to just the educational considerations. Whomever might hire you, into a world of science you deal with at least five days a week, likely exposed to those who may have similar interests as you do, and may be so absorbed in them that they continue it as a hobby at home, apart from at work.

I got into website design as a hobby. Loved it so much I continued doing it at home as much as I did at work. Maybe getting that vocational education in a scientific pursuit might allow you to do something similar. I had almost forgotten how important meeting students in vocational training was for me. One of them helped me to get my job in website design. We both were intensely into web design at the time...lol.

Last edited:
Are you referring to microscopic lifeforms that are in the water? I can remember comparing water sources under the microscope when I was a teenager and trying to draw what I found. I love macrophotography due to how you can observe tiny details of an object most often flowers or other plant parts and insects. I don't currently have the type of camera that can be used with my microscope though I hope to someday.
Yup!

I recently got a set of colored filters and assorted stops for creating dark field effects.

The camera I use replaces the eyepiece, and plugs into my computer. About $60. Not like the old days where you needed VERY expensive equipment.

New Threads

Top Bottom