• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Science Poll

Which of these subjects do you enjoy?

• Biology and related fields (zoology, botany, ect.)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Chemistry

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Physics

• Geology

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Astronomy

• Meteorology

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
I liked meteorology and climatology, but as university level courses they were much tougher than I ever imagined. Necessary for my minor in geography. :oops:

Benthic ocean life, cnidarians, and rocks! IMG_0061.jpeg
IMG_1560.jpeg

I hated economics in university. Are economics supposed to be a "science"? :rolleyes:
Technically it's considered a "social science". But as another university level course for me it might have well been just that! :oops:

Though it did come in handy to better understand subjects like public policy development.

Funny to recall how well I did in things like biology...but remain relatively indifferent to it. Some people may call me a "geek", but not over most sciences. My bad!

None of the above. Science, depending on the field, bores me or disturbs me or I just don't get it. I stopped paying attention to science class and 5th or 6th grade.

Nature and animals, those are the main things. There are other things I like but nature and animals is why I get up in the morning. It gives me peace of mind and that's nice.

Last edited:
If it hasn't been mentioned I would add environmental sciences to that list. While it is an amalgamation of the other sciences it has such a particular focus that it is relevant being mentioned on its own. I mean if you're going to add astronomy which is just interstellar physics/geology then environment should be on the list to.

Written from the viewpoint of a biased Environmental Technologist.

None of the above. Science, depending on the field, bores me or disturbs me or I just don't get it. I stopped paying attention to science class and 5th or 6th grade.
That really is a shame as you missed out on when it really starts to get interesting and applied.

My 6th grade science teacher seemed on a mission to make me despise it. He picked on me as if he was a drill sergeant, randomly picking a recruit to harass just to intimidate the other kids.

It turned me off of science for a very long time. :(

That really is a shame as you missed out on when it really starts to get interesting and applied.
Everything in school was starting to get more interesting then - but also harder. Change was happening and I didn't respond well.

Would I have the strong interest in nature now if she hadn't done that?
I think you would. My parents are not interested in nature in any ways, neither was my husband. And only now, when I'm away from all those people, I understood that I feel the best when in nature or communicating with animals.

Everything in school was starting to get more interesting then - but also harder. Change was happening and I didn't respond well.
I can completely get that. I'm not real good with change either. And hey, sciences aren't for everyone which is ok as there is lots of other good stuff to learn.

Although I an technically interested in plants and fungus and can talk science-y all day about them, I'd describe my interest as being more "a practical interest in ancient technology and applications for modern home use" - meaning "I grow stuff and either eat it or turn it into something else useful."

New Threads

Top Bottom