• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Self Identifying High Functioning Intro.

SweetHoney

I am 52 in about two weeks. I was watching a video on "13 signs of female phenotype Autistic" and identified with all of them. I just get the impression that my sound and light sensitivity only came on after being hit by a car as a child, like the trauma caused some or all of the symptoms. And as an older person some have gotten much worse. Maybe others have seen symptoms get worse over time, nerve sensitivity.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I also noticed that my sensitivities are becoming more pronounced as I get older.

1726496546782.png

Hi and welcome to the forum. I also noticed that my sensitivities are becoming more pronounced as I get older.

Likewise, in that the older I get the more pronounced my sensitivities are becoming. An example, I didn't used to mind driving in general and now I hate it. This past week I had to travel to a big city from my village of 7000. While mentally I didn't feel very stressed by the time I arrived at my hotel my body was in the midst of an anxiety attack. Pulse up in the 130's when normal resting is 60's. It's interesting though to be mentally cognizant of what the stimulus responses are but still have no control of the physical hormonal responses.

Welcome. I haven’t noticed increased sensitivities, but my symptoms are complicated by other chronic issues.

I was interested to see you self-identifying after a video. For me, it was reading some articles on high functioning of professional women and checked all the boxes.

New Threads

Top Bottom