• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sharing a part of my journey here with my faith multi influenced.

Rachie

I am posting my own warning on this thread which may sound harsh. I have seen though in some threads people posting and their posts being bashed or derailed under the guise of reply or what and I won't tolerate it or respond to it in my own thread. Firstly, I don't have the health for it and didn' tstart this specific thread to do that. I don't mind other people posting their own faith it if feels unique to them. Let's try and uphold eachother whatever be believe in.

I have posted my story earlier or another part of my journey which is nothing to do with this and yes I was respected so this is not about for me as I always been respected but I have seen of some others of late who are Christians and been recieving replies where people have not been respected their faith in some posts. I think all faiths should treated sacrosant and to me it is a sin . Whether you respect them or not, try and not post in a classical breakdown or overwhelm. It's a very fine line but let try and treat ourselves as human beings. I observed one post how jsliver256 relayed a strong testimony about her father's cancer commited to Christ to subjected to some things I felt that didn't needed saying and was disrespectuf. I observed it but was to ill to respond and I don't get dragged into pointless struggles in the discussions on the internet for politics or religion now. I usually ask people to try and take care of themselves. Let's not bully eachother or try and stop other conversion because you not will be permanently succesful and if I see it I pray freely for them and some who have been unwell and I have laid candles and in peril or other actions tried to support them if iI am in health and sometimes I may not be. We all have one father on this earth. I am not a moderator and I have always said I am not an autistic expert and I still see myself as a baby in some aspects of my faith being supported by God's free spirit. I try to determine to drive away taking things too litreally and hyperfocusing but not admirable to me where it comes to my faith. But it is the most important to me, so work that out. Jesus drove out people misselling in the Temple I remember, who remains meek and low in Spirit who I adore as well.

Now I am moving on to say this. I feel like my upbringing has been a bit unique and it is really impacted my worldview on my faith and I have said enough times here I am a non demontional. I am woman and a black woman and it doesn't matter as God has been a true father for me in my life. I see myself as a a follower of Christ and I don't put words on it like born again, but I stand firmly by Revelations that Christ will come again. Sometimes I have been a bit taking it too litreally and was looking if someone who was very poor in appearance could be them almost acting dumb out of respect. I know Jesus said many will come and don't trust them all.

Catholic church's too in many parts of the world in resurging in the gifts of the Holy Spirit as well which I cannot link to today.

Also, I was schooled in Catholic schools to 19 as I had defer a year for health for my eating issues. I ate with nuns and my appetite was stronger then about 13/14 just before my eating disorder started. At school we was made to have stale bread or hard bread I couldn't determine and soup and I felt like where is the real food coming. But I enjoyed the soup and am drawn to soup but can find it hard to manage with my eating distress. I stick with a bland food and sensory but my gastro issues can struggle to keep up with some.
Many aspects of Catholics unique addition I know and sometimes I think I have forgotteon, but sometimes it is in my memory still. I have wanted to visit Lourdes for a while and no of some nuns who have asked God for nothing and Holy Spirit at Lourdes healed from the limb up who wheel bound. It is a known miracle I may try and link to if fit enough. I adore them, but they were human beings as well and many have been empty vessels fed by blessed Sacraments as God as well the appetite can be consumed. but not everyone is on this journey and I don't believe for myself. I have said I feel connected to Christ in my lifetime story as well by the Eucharist and consuming the blood of Christ who has shown his mercy to me on earth.

I don't like adopting other stories for my own, but some I like to feel some affinity and know I am not an outliner. Where the Saints and Blessed I am, several though had disabilites and I adore the book God's Wildlfowers Saints with Disabilites. However, let's not deny some who saw it my microsopic eye where I was pulling my flat apart to bin as I wanted the sinful items to my eye, but I came out it I was pulling them but asked to remove it as I didn't really wish to post images and wouldn't have. What did I read though read in the book later about Saints with disabilites is that St John of the Cross used to do it as well. But his faith stood as a strong testimony as well so illness does not diminish living a holy life.

I saw it to in my personal testiony with Justin Webly what I posted on something and read like it read a word for word and then in the end I loved the agreement.

I also like the way the Catholic church can see past the body to see the spirit. They put some status into protected groups like people with dementia. They were quite similar to the first early Christian church's. Some people find them now too litugrical in word which means too restrictive and Jesus came to do away with that in the New testament.

I can worship today I will be later today in a Catholic church and I love going the see the adoration of Christ in the Eucharist with the incense and I feel weak in Spirit but strong as well. I also have other issues I adore as well the Old Testament and believe strongly that my that creator God Old Testament Torah stands forever and sometimes I have called him dad and that his power is unchangeable and forever will be.I Ialways used to say and God can still do it make me laugh as knows me inside and out, but he is righteous and kind knows when my journey will end, which none have a knowledge of. I believe in all his words and the New Testament.

Additions I can find hard. I will also I like to say I like to take people on their words but some have even got me to enter some so called Christian church's and I thought they were basically believing in the Trinity, the God head. However they were not and I cried in peril to God. Even if they did I can still cherish them as humans as well and know we share some fudamental beliefs. There are 3 religions rooted in the Old Testament.

I will never convert to Catholism, but I know they are Christians and I believe that many as revealed in Revelation stand by and Worship God and their prayers are recieved. That is no idol worship and I have been well known to quote which you know is usual for me as I have hyperlexia as well but consumed some sea food which gave me and others a reaction to the food, never again as I have an allergy to dust as well and they are closely connected in my bloods. This my truth and I feel the warning was merited as I pulled it to the attention of a moderator and well not happen on my thread. I haven't seen it happening in some days, but I am not taking a chance on myself. I am very quiet person usually and all the autism threads I open discernly to try and be compassionate to myself where I cannot relate. Some though have taken me by my chances and I hope they were helpful for others. One thread on another forum used to do it as well housebound for 10 years for basically young men in their 20's. I have to refuse myself to open those threads.

Some people in my family or other sick people I have comitted in church with a candle or prayed for them. I to came Spirituality at 17 and that first Church will always have my respect with their unique of worship, but it is too powerful for me with my fragility with my health and my sensitives. God knew I could withstand what has blessed me with as my health was a lot better but today I have disabilites with health as well due to the Anorexia which has been chronic for me as I have always stated.

Much respect to you all.

Life eh

Taking it back to my Catholic upbringing, it is like I can feel torn a bit as I will never covert, the Holy water I use they provide at the service. Me and my mum are all like that for she had an African father who had traditional beliefs who was a Muslim by birth but converted to Catholism. Several of my cousins are Muslims and we adore eachother as true family. When my mum was abroad last I was responding in full confidence.

Even Science I studied that at university and data rocking dating and I have my own views as well.

I love some elements of Hinduism as well and the Bhaagavad Gita who in the end amount to one God, but they depart critical areas. I will repeat again it is not like that but I remain what I am as Christian. I have hypersensitivity of moderate but I have co conditions and some are medical like with my allergy and neurology as well and anorexia can additionally and change patterns happen as I lost freedom pass to for 8 days and have had to stay at home most days. It is the seafood allergy that has additionally piled me up today as I checked into the scales so early but they deceiving again. I am not perfect and as autistic I try and hold myself from reading the Bible if not well.. I will always pray though to my Godhead. I posted on Bible audio as simple non dramatised was remarkably better for my nervous condition.
I always say in truth where I have shared and it is so, this is just me writing me out now.

Last edited:
Hi, as I said I would above. I visited today the Catholic church I attended as a young child.. We had mass at school as well I never mentioned above. The liturgical word of God today was the strongest I have heard at least in my lifetime from memory. It may have happened by reading, but every word nearly resonated with me. Someone was even declaring themselve as unholy but was carrying the Holy words and I had to raise my hands and spoke. I was covering my head with my shorn hair. I don't put that on other females. It is my faith in the Godhead, 3 in 1 that has given grace to me.

I find noise very difficult with autism and songs moved me but I know the difference as well. I couldn't stand for many parts of the worship today and with my allergy and other comorbs in all directions. Some I personally wrote some even improved. I have not updated it though as I said may be in my lifetime another may be given to me and you know and I have held my word for best part as well. My words I try and not repeat and I was erasing for a very long time above and here to.

I sat in rosary blessing today and I didn't carry my glasses as I have poor eyesight since age 42 so I was asking a stranger to own eyes in spirit to try and pray for me as well. I then stood up at the end and asked if anyone strong in faith with my shellfood allergy could pray for me. He did with the grace of the Holy Spirit and he is a Catholic.
That is wanted to add today.
Thank you for the respect of my upbringing.
This is where I return again to my attending an Anglican church as well. It is in a chapel and I go twice a week usually. This week I could only go once as I went out with my dad and I couldn't visit the church and God know's why.

I like to post links and evidence but wasn't able to due to exhausation and quite a severe allergic reaction when I posted earlier.
This is link to the miracle story of healing at Lourdes I mentioned about a nun who never asked for healing.
Bishop declares nun’s recovery as 70th Lourdes miracle
I also read of the Eucharist being given and organs were refreshed/grown from it.
I read of some people delaying medical treatments and seeking alternative healing with limited success which was not long lasting.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom