• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sick of being gold dug

Edward

Every single person doesn't matter if it's a man , women or some trans person

There always after my families money...

it's like give a mouse a cookie..

just one thing , than another

They've got that one sick uncle , or something else along those lines...

Seriously have any of you else dealt with this , this has been like my entire relationship for ages now

No, never had that issue. But if I did I would have given the money away long before now. Whenever I do have any small extra I donate it to pay for operations needed by shelter animals. There are so many needs and they break my heart. And I have a particular soft spot for mice. Talk about a hard life. I have to hide from my wife that I feed them secretly. I never fed them cookies but in Iceland they broke into our kid's PEZ stash once. PEZ eating mice. :D

pez-dispenser-tom-jerry-12022-1-p.jpg

Hey there's Tom and Jerry again...

;)

I come from a wealthy family myself, and I've learned to simply not speak much of it.

Like, my closest, longtime friend knows, because he's been to my house, but outside of that... yeah, I dont show it (though I've mentioned it on this forum). Because people get freaking weird about it. And some get all angry about it, for... some reason.

So... yeah. Just hide it when possible. Prevents lots of problems.

Every single person doesn't matter if it's a man , women or some trans person

There always after my families money...

it's like give a mouse a cookie..

just one thing , than another

They've got that one sick uncle , or something else along those lines...

Seriously have any of you else dealt with this , this has been like my entire relationship for ages now

It sounds like you / your family had provided some generosity and a gold-digger / hanger-on identified you / your family as a "mark*" to others, causing others to flock to you in false friendship.

It may be best in such circumstances to keep a lower profile, and be wary of / take caution with engaging in relationships with people who might seem eager to get to know you.

*A mark is a scam victim, and many scammers, like telemarketers and some charities, will swap and sell lists of known "donors"

I have always been lower middle class so I've never had that problem.
It would be nice to even be financially stable enough to worry about that being a thing lol

I come from a wealthy family myself, and I've learned to simply not speak much of it.

Like, my closest, longtime friend knows, because he's been to my house, but outside of that... yeah, I dont show it (though I've mentioned it on this forum). Because people get freaking weird about it. And some get all angry about it, for... some reason.

So... yeah. Just hide it when possible. Prevents lots of problems.

I'm not even brining it up , they just ask and bug for stuff often sifting through the sand , there very good at there job... there seems to be alot of them online

I'm not even brining it up , they just ask and bug for stuff often sifting through the sand , there very good at there job... there seems to be alot of them online

Is there perhaps something else that might be tipping them off? It's often not too hard for someone to figure it out upon meeting you even if you dont actually say anything about it.

For instance if you drive some unusual expensive car, or are wearing some super pricey whatsit... that sort of thing, that'll clue people into it.. For me, I use a totally normal car handed down from my grandfather, and stuff I might be carrying with me tends to look like it's falling apart (old habit of mine, I wont upgrade/replace stuff until what I already have completely breaks), so that doesnt show and keeps people from getting weird or pushy about it.

Also some behaviors can tip people off. I've had a couple figure it out simply because I tend to show zero interest in money. Someone else randomly finds $100, they'll be ecstatic. If I find it, I'll barely react at all and will forget about it by bedtime. That aint normal behavior, and it's an instant red flag for anyone who is with me at the time.

One way or another there's gotta be SOMETHING that's letting others know about it, so figuring out just what that is could help.

That being said, I understand your overall frustration. It's nice to have friends or whatever... but only when it's REAL friends. The sort of people that hang around you hoping for handouts... those arent real friends. But they'll try to seem like it (up until the point where they realize they're not getting a ton of freebies).

I had someone ask within five min of meeting me , people often just want free crap it's in human nature...

(or instance if you drive some unusual expensive car, or are wearing some super pricey whatsit... that sort of thing, that'll clue people into it.. For me, I use a totally normal car handed down from my grandfather, and stuff I might be carrying with me tends to look like it's falling apart (old habit of mine, I wont upgrade/replace stuff until what I already have completely breaks), so that doesnt show and keeps people from getting weird or pushy about it.

Also some behaviors can tip people off. I've had a couple figure it out simply because I tend to show zero interest in money. Someone else randomly finds $100, they'll be ecstatic. If I find it, I'll barely react at all and will forget about it by bedtime. That aint normal behavior, and it's an instant red flag for anyone who is with me at the time.)

This has never been the case , one I'd might have tipped off..

Normally there just e-beggars to begin with , oh..
or they just ghost me over random inane things I say which some moron will try to encourage as being and I'll quote with my own sentiment on this "as stable competent and rational choice" with their own mentality and reasoning being called into question with rationalization of that judgement.. I once told someone I didnt have a good day and got blocked five seconds later

Yeah , it is often just people asking out of some reasoning that the person has money to begin with without evening having asked anything about it or how much they actually own from what I've seen...

cockroaches are everywhere though

Try to look at it this way, many people cry themselves to sleep and worry all day because they can't pay the bills and they don't know what to do. When you have enough money that people wants to dig your gold, it could be worse. It's not a disaster.
Who said I'm unhappy with having money ? I know it could be worse , yes that is very obvious...

I had someone ask within five min of meeting me , people often just want free crap it's in human nature...

(or instance if you drive some unusual expensive car, or are wearing some super pricey whatsit... that sort of thing, that'll clue people into it.. For me, I use a totally normal car handed down from my grandfather, and stuff I might be carrying with me tends to look like it's falling apart (old habit of mine, I wont upgrade/replace stuff until what I already have completely breaks), so that doesnt show and keeps people from getting weird or pushy about it.

Also some behaviors can tip people off. I've had a couple figure it out simply because I tend to show zero interest in money. Someone else randomly finds $100, they'll be ecstatic. If I find it, I'll barely react at all and will forget about it by bedtime. That aint normal behavior, and it's an instant red flag for anyone who is with me at the time.)

This has never been the case , one I'd might have tipped off..

Normally there just e-beggars to begin with , oh..
or they just ghost me over random inane things I say which some moron will try to encourage as being and I'll quote with my own sentiment on this "as stable competent and rational choice" with their own mentality and reasoning being called into question with rationalization of that judgement.. I once told someone I didnt have a good day and got blocked five seconds later

Ah... I think I see.

That's not really anything to do with anything. It's the internet being the internet. Scammers, jerks, trolls, and so on.

It doesnt matter who you are or how much you do or dont have: The Net is going to be like that. All the bloody time.

Same with someone ghosting or blocking or flipping out because of some random thing you said. The internet just does that. No, I dont know why. What's important is not what they're doing, but how you react to it.

When someone on the net is being a total snot for no bloody reason... step away, ignore them. Dont feed the trolls, dont get angry, definitely dont show agitated emotions or even respond. And dont waste perfectly good braincells trying to figure out the thought processes of someone who acts like that.

New Threads

Top Bottom