• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Six Months Almost

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
On the ninth, it'll be six months since my dad passed away.

He was the only bright spot in a dark life. I was surrounded by too many adult things throughout my childhood. My father got clean for me. He defended me. He would say "Let's try to keep her innocent." And so a lot of things that I would have been exposed to, I was protected from.

When things got unbearable for me as a kid, he'd tell me we're ditching school for the day and so he'd drive me over the mountains to the beach, where we'd hang out all day. And then the next day he'd write the sick note.

He drove thousands of miles for me, to rescue me, when I was a throwaway kid.

He did so much good for me. He drove me every day to radiation and sat there with me. When I shook and cried and said I couldn't do it, he'd tell me to be brave.

There is so much other daily good he did, in service to his family. He was a good man.

And then the continued good he did for my mother, brother, grandparents, and other relatives- it would fill books. Service above all else. Nobility above all else. Love above all else.

I am having a hard time as of late. I've tried to block it out, but I have to acknowledge it. I'm feeling such grief, I cannot bear it. I wish I had my dad with me now, to tell me to be brave, because others count on me.

He wouldn't want a big show of emotion breakdown over him. He would want love to be shared, and hope to be spread. He would say "It's just a part of life." But gosh, I can't help it. I am so sad. I've melted down a few times. I've cried out. And I've hardly slept.

The only one that showed love as a verb is gone forever, until hopefully we meet in heaven. I know he's there. I don't know if I've earned it anymore.

I just want my daddy. With all my heart.

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that the Lord will comfort you. As for your second to last comment, thankfully we don't have to earn it because we never could. Yeshua (Jesus) purchased it for us on the cross.

It's great that you show such appreciation for the role your father had in your life. Developing appreciation for the good in one's life is a special gift that comes directly from your own heart. You can be grateful he was in your life.

l wish l could experience a real father like that. His spirit is right with you, and will always be there.

He sounds a bit like my stepdaddy who passed when my baby (18, now) was a baby. He got clean too. I always said "he's my stable parent" because my birth mother and father were/are always too troubled, self-absorbed and autistic in the not-dealing-with-it ways.

I always get comfort thinking I want him to be one of the one's greeting me when I pass.

I'm sorry you are hurting and missing him so much. You shared (and still share) a lot of love.

@Yeshuasdaughter, “thumbs-up” just seems sooooo not the right response to give, but if that’s all we’ve got, to let you know we hear you and are thinking of you, then so be it. Please take good care of yourself.

Hi Yesh. I'm sorry for your pain. When my dad did what he did, I was in shock. He was about the worst father I could have had but I still miss him, so I can only imagine the connection formed between you and your dad and the regret that he's gone now when you so much need it.

I needed many things from dad, there's just that feeling that none of it can actually be replaced with anything else. They are our dads and been by our side through good and bad, we had to rely on them.

I draw inspiration from his positive sides and part of his personality and looks I'll always have with me, sometimes I'm quite boyish and silly like he used to be. There are things that I perfected that he didn't get to since he was gone so young.

I hope you have an eased up heart because he would have wanted you to persevere, be brave, and not let his disappearance stop you from enjoying your days and doing what you ought to on this Earth. May your heart be eased for having fatherly love within is a precious gift incomparable.

New Threads

Top Bottom