• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Skype for Chrome OS?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I am in the process of applying to Channel 4 quiz show Fifteen to One, and the guy doing the audition wants to have a chat with me over Skype to do the audition because due to transport issues I can't get to Manchester, England next week.

Dad's got a Windows 10 Laptop at Home and in an Emergency I could ask to use that, but it's unlikely he'd agree to it because he uses the Laptop for important stuff and thinks everything downloaded from the Internet is potentially virus laden or will somehow damage his machine.

If anyone can help before next Tuesday 5.7.16, I would be grateful.

I am aware of Google and LMGTFY.com before anyone points those out.

Skype was bought by MS, and is bundled with Win 10, so you shouldn't need to download anything on your father's laptop.
If you have a different OS, you can download skype from the skype web page for most OSs. I'm not sure about Chrome, but there is a Linux version which might work. (Chrome is based on Linux). The website generally offers the correct version for your OS.

Last edited:
Rich Allen, what exactly is it that you are needing? That is to say, do you need the Skype software, hardware, etc.? Someone may be able to help if we had a better idea what your need is.

I need the Skype software, as well as a good Chrome compatible microphone if not camera so I can do at least an audio audition for the Fifteen to One thing, but I'm actually going to Manchester, England next Tuesday for the audition.

I still could do with Skype though to talk to my Brother in London, I currently use Google Hangouts.

New Threads

Top Bottom