• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So confused with someone's behaviour towards me

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I have known this female for some years and actually her attitude towards me has never changed, and have been utterly confused, but of recent times, even worse.

I received a lovely present from her and a card and then, a text, which was so sweet, but when I am face to face with her, she treats me subhuman. I try my best to be friendly, but she barely wants to be in my company. I just do not get this behaviour. Makes me terribly uncomfortable with the apparent contradiction. Oh and she is very friendly towards others.

I could say the same about the one person I'm most likely to interact with in person. (Which isn't saying much these days, either in person or on the phone. - My own cousin.)

Reminiscent of characters like Blanche Hudson in "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane". :(

Last edited:
Autistics are notoriously poor at reading intent. Maybe she just doesn't enjoy interacting with others in person. I know I don't.

I received a lovely present from her and a card and then, a text, which was so sweet, but when I am face to face with her, she treats me subhuman. I try my best to be friendly, but she barely wants to be in my company. I just do not get this behaviour. Makes me terribly uncomfortable with the apparent contradiction. Oh and she is very friendly towards others.
It does not make much sense to me either

New Threads

Top Bottom