• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Song I've written for all you Aspies and people who relate...

Kollide

I'm not sure if I really have Aspergers myself, but I certainly understand it I think and from time to time get symptoms. Anyway, just so you know, I'm about to get recording this now and will post it when it's done. :)

Okay, so please let me know what you all think of this. I've written this specially for you, and well also for me...

[mp3]http://f.cl.ly/items/0H0h2I111h3x1Q2G171h/Kibi%20Kollide%20-%20Aspie%20Central%20Nervous%20System.mp3[/mp3]

::Lyrics
I have problems making friends in these
places, the right faces I never meet. And I have
issues with the eyes, they make me
nervous. I can't seem to get it right.

All these
troubles in my head. Sometimes I can't get to bed, sometimes my
head is locked on red. All these
troubles in an aspie globe, I know
you can make it right if you just try today.
Tomorrow. Yesterday is far away.

I tried
to to go to out today. Conversations block my way to who I
meet. I went
to the grocery store, glad I made it out the door okay today.

I don't mean to seem like I don't care
for you, oh I try connect with your eyes. All these
people moving past, wonder if I just stepped past a likely ro-
mance. At least a friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pretty good song. The last bit is beautiful ("I don't mean to seem like I don't care..." etc). You have a great voice, nice timbre. And... tell me if I'm wrong but it seems to me there's some struggle with who you are in this song... just a feeling that I get..or maybe it is simply an anxiety... wonder what other folks think...
when did you write the song?

I wrote it this morning quite quickly to be honest. Well I've changed a hell of a lot over the last half a year, having come out of a reclusive stuck-in-a-rut alcoholic/druggy period of 3 years staying in my room most of the time doing nothing, and now I'm ready for work and coming off Valium on a reduction program. I think part of this song's more of a reflection of who I was months ago, but there are parts and times where I'm still wondering if I stepped past a potential friend or love, and finding it hard to get on with people at pubs/when I occasionally go out for that sort of thing. I'm glad you like it though, I tried to sound less American but pfft I couldn't help it, some bits don't though I think. I mainly wrote this song for people struggling with aspergers and/or reclusives though, or just anyone who finds social life a struggle. I'm worried that when I'm off benzos completely if I'll be able to cope and be the new person I am today.

Anyway, I would love to know what other people think. Thank you for the feedback, epath13, maybe we can be friends. :)

I wrote it this morning quite quickly to be honest. Well I've changed a hell of a lot over the last half a year, having come out of a reclusive stuck-in-a-rut alcoholic/druggy period of 3 years staying in my room most of the time doing nothing, and now I'm ready for work and coming off Valium on a reduction program. I think part of this song's more of a reflection of who I was months ago, but there are parts and times where I'm still wondering if I stepped past a potential friend or love, and finding it hard to get on with people at pubs/when I occasionally go out for that sort of thing. I'm glad you like it though, I tried to sound less American but pfft I couldn't help it, some bits don't though I think. I mainly wrote this song for people struggling with aspergers and/or reclusives though, or just anyone who finds social life a struggle. I'm worried that when I'm off benzos completely if I'll be able to cope and be the new person I am today.

Anyway, I would love to know what other people think. Thank you for the feedback, epath13, maybe we can be friends. :)

I can definitely relate to that, I don't know how old you are, you haven't mentioned it but in my late teens till mid 20s I was pretty much in and out of crap myself, sometimes stuck at home for days just sitting staring at the wall or something. I did think I was lazy but something just didn't add up. When I was pregnant with my 1st kid I decided that it's time for a change. And the thing is, the more I accepted myself and my weird out of tune brain the easier it was. But I think it became even better after the diagnosis. Yeah... Anyway, sure we can be friends :) even though most of the times when people say that I have no clue what it means :) I'll add you to the list :)

New Threads

Top Bottom