• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Spotify

thejuice

V.I.P Member
Did it ever annoy you that your rmusic collection, that you might have spent 1000s on in your lifetime, was suddenly deemed worthless overnight by the industry, with the founding of Spotify?

edit: changed record to music

Last edited:
I got rid of my record collection years ago the quality was not there. quality of sound more important to me them the sound itself I doubt spotify will improve that.

Last edited:
I never had a record collection. I started with audio cassetttes and changed to CDs in the late 80s. I digitised my collection in the early 2000s and got rid of all the discs.

I'm also very sensitive to quality of sound and anything I could find on the net was of very low quality, reduced bit rate for the sake of smaller file sizes. So I ripped all my own copies from CDs at 320 Kbps for the sake of quality. I've got quite a large library on my computer, around 7000 CDs.

I've never used Spotify or any other streaming service for music.

Wish id ripped my cds, as quite a few are scratched
Rip them while you still can. Not sure what program you'd use for that in Windows, in Linux I used Grip. Really good error correction and recovery in it, it tries to read the troublesome parts 128 times over before giving up on them. It's surprising what can be recovered.

A new CD/DVD player is a smart idea too, as they age they get more sensitive to errors on discs.

New Threads

Top Bottom