• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Strangely, I bought a harp

TBRS1

Transparent turnip
mcneela-12-string-baby-harp__67169.jpg

So... I know zip about playing music, but I have time on my hands so I bought this pretty little Celtic baby harp.

I may never get very good, but I figure it will give my fingers something to do to keep them out of mischief.

Anybody know how to play a harp?

View attachment 134046

So... I know zip about playing music, but I have time on my hands so I bought this pretty little Celtic baby harp.

I may never get very good, but I figure it will give my fingers something to do to keep them out of mischief.

Anybody know how to play a harp?
If you enjoy it, it's not a waste of time ;)

It looks very pretty, if it's the one you bought. I know as much about harps as your random person from the street, heh, but they produce a magical music! Enjoy learning and experimenting!

Nitro posted some amazing harp music here a while ago. These two know how to play harp.

Those are Gothic harps (I only know that because I've been looking at harps for the past month). Very, very cool! Great music & awesome song!

Whoa, that's awesome!

I watch Harp Lady on youtube, where she sends her harp through a bunch of guitar FX. Honestly I didn't even realize how huge they were until then!

I love playing the harp! I've owned a few, over the years, and enjoyed learning to play simple songs. Zithers and hammered dulcimers are my favorite.

I kinda suck at playing music, but it brings me great peace to do so.

Other nice instruments I enjoy, are the glockenschpiel and the piano.

I love playing the harp! I've owned a few, over the years, and enjoyed learning to play simple songs. Zithers and hammered dulcimers are my favorite.

I kinda suck at playing music, but it brings me great peace to do so.

Other nice instruments I enjoy, are the glockenschpiel and the piano.
That's pretty much the direction I want to go - for fun, mainly for my own self.

I never met the "black sheep" of my family, but he must have been among the aspies. I got the job of cleaning out his room after he died. He had 27 suitcases full of Bible transcriptions in multi-coloured crayon, and a big harp in bad repair.

How do you like the harp as far as practicing on it?

Does it require tuning often? It is very pretty.

How do you like the harp as far as practicing on it?

Does it require tuning often? It is very pretty.
It's still in the mail. This guy is playing the same model (he seems to know what he's doing...):

As far as tuning - from what I've read - they need to be tuned a lot, at first, but after they settle in, not often.

Well, let me just say... I'm no stranger to impulsive musical instrument purchases myself. lol.

Welcome to music! I've never played a harp before. I've always thought of those big ones they use in symphony orchestras - IIRC they cost a fortune. It's a pretty instrument, though!

New Threads

Top Bottom