• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stuck in life

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
I feel stuck in life. I really wish I knew what to do with myself and I am missing out on so much.

I reccomend trying what my Uncle is doing with me. Focus on small things in your environment. Create little tasks and work your way up.

Write down a to do, or simple reminders for said tasks. And they don't have to be done all at once. But a do a set of tasks each day, that are not taxing on you.

You'll find you will have less time to focus on thoughts, like these, that drag you down into doubt.

Apparently I shouldn’t rush social interactions but on the same token, I don’t see how I can improve socially if I don’t engage with people at all.

Not rushing social interactions is not the same as no engagement at all.

Do I need to get to know a woman first before attempting a date or do I need to just ask out as much women as I can despite the risk of getting potentially rejected?

Do I need to get to know a woman first before attempting a date or do I need to just ask out as much women as I can despite the risk of getting potentially rejected?
The former because dealing with strangers is more difficult for me.

I think you just answered your question. Not any different than I was about dating. To befriend someone first, setting aside so much anxiety for both persons so that you both can be yourselves and have a much better time.

New Threads

Top Bottom