• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sylvester Stallone... please retire!

Lemon Zing

I love Sly's old movies. But his need to do all of these sequels to every hit movie of his in recent years has became kind of sad.

Cliffhanger 2 is coming, by the way. Like, if this had been 2000 or whatever, I'd be like, bring it on. But Creed, Creed 2 and Rambo: Last Blood were just cash-in efforts.

And now this. A Rocky prequel. Why? Why is this needed? It's not needed. The Rocky Balboa character is more or less done.

MSN

I haven't seen that. I just prefer his classics. The same with Arnie.

They always bring a smile to my face. But in recent years, neither actor has really impressed me.

That last Rambo movie was kind of pointless. It was just like any other revenge plot film, like Taken and all that. It didn't feel like Rambo, and the fourth film had a fitting climax that cannot be surpassed. He went home, wearing the same sort of jacket he did in the original movie, when you see him walking at the end towards the farm. But in the last movie, he just kills the Mexican bad guys, and looks sad.

He wasn't bad in it, but that movie is guilty of doing what a lot of other movies do. They make out somebody has an unknown relative for the sake of carrying it on. It also happened with a Bruce Lee movie. They got this guy from Taiwan to appear in two unofficial sequels playing his older brother, and his name was almost a copy of Bruce's. But you can tell they're just making up stuff on the spot.

Plus, the Creed movies just repeat things, like having Adonis chasing chickens for endurance training and so on.

I haven't seen that. I just prefer his classics.

"Tulsa King" is extra fun if you pretend it's about what Rambo is doing 40 years later. He changed his name, joined the Mob and eventually moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma. :D 😆 It's a good series.

Last edited:
Over the Top :D

image.jpeg

Why? Why is this needed?

I kind of get it; I think people want to finish strong, even if they're past their prime. Sometimes leaving a legacy of sorts feels more important to people as they age, and as the time runs out, I could see them saying yes to more opportunities like these, even if they know they're not going to be well-received.

Of course, this leads to a lot of so-called terrible media, but I even think there's a weird audience for the washed-up, half-baked kind of stuff, too. Sometimes it's like a good train wreck where nobody got hurt -- what a mess, but you can't look away :D

At least you cannot nuke the originals. ;)

By the way, Sly always considered this movie to be underrated. I seen it once years ago. It had ex WWF star Terry Funk in it.

The issue of age and attrition has caught up with most of Hollywood's "Action Heroes".

I can see why Stallone and any of his counterparts would attempt to make the most of what they have left to offer television or film.

Though it also reminds of professional boxers who cannot seem to leave the ring when "it's time"...causing them sadness and embarrassment as well. In Stallone's case, his alleged net worth is around $400 million dollars. He can afford to bow out with grace.

I was a bit obsessed with Rambo as a child, when I didn't even understand much. Then I got this toy plate which said Rainbow and I kept saying it belongs to Rambo, was so proud of it. Adults insisted it was not but pff, what do they know, me and Rambo are tight. 😊

Yeah. As a youngster, Rambo and just Sylvester Stallone in general was all the rage. If you recall, he only got one confirmed death in the first movie, which really only happened because he was doing it to defend himself, so the deputy sheriff fell off the side of the helicopter and hit the rocks next to the river. But watching the series now, while they are still fun popcorn movies, the lack of "realism" is a lot more noticeable as an adult.

Like in the second film, he's in the jungles of Vietnam, and there's just him most of the time, because his companions either get shot or captured, or they turn on him. Yet there's, how many bad guys? Loads of Russians and Vietnamese soldiers are hunting him in the rain. You know? :D

And in the third film, there's just sand. That's it. Sand, and craggy rocks. These Russians have gunships that can go quicker than any cat could ever run. But he somehow pulls through, even when that chopper collides with the tank. ;)

Like, are they even for real? Shouldn't the producers see this and note down how silly it appears? :P

New Threads

Top Bottom