• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tamagotchi

Hylian

Fellow DbD Enjoyer
V.I.P Member
Does anyone like Tamagotchi?

What version(s) do you have, and what are your favourite characters?

I recently got one of those rereleases of the original Tamagotchi. I'm trying to eventually get a Pochitchi, and so far I have a 4 y.o. Tongaritchi.

I have a bag of them but haven't brought any to life for a while now. They are fun, though it does feel a bit awful if they ever don't make it... and float up to heaven. I was very absorbed by them about 15 years ago. Are they being reissued/ newly issued? Where do you buy them? I feel a craving developing... I never kept one going for 4 years. Wow.

I bought a Pac-Man Tamagotchi at a toy store a few months ago. It was made in honor of Pac-Man's 40th anniversary. You hatch and raise a Tamogotchi, and occasionally ghosts show up and chase it around. Then you have to send Pac-Man to eat the ghosts. If you don't, the "kill screen" like the one from the original arcade game will eventually appear. If you don't send Pac-Man to clean it up, the Tamagotchi will die. It doesn't poop or get sick like in other games. It was briefly entertaining, but the batteries wore out too fast and I haven't bothered replacing them.

I had one for my fifteenth birthday. It was cool but I rarely got it to evolve into anything other than the fat floaty thing or the plant.

I have a bag of them but haven't brought any to life for a while now. They are fun, though it does feel a bit awful if they ever don't make it... and float up to heaven. I was very absorbed by them about 15 years ago. Are they being reissued/ newly issued? Where do you buy them? I feel a craving developing... I never kept one going for 4 years. Wow.
I got mine off of Amazon. They have different ones, but I wanted one of the originals, since they were cheaper and gave me more nostalgia.

Also sorry, I said 4 years because that's what the Tamagotchi's info says, but it's actually 4 days old. I also had a 3 day old one before this one, and it died because I fed it too many snacks. lol

I bought a Pac-Man Tamagotchi at a toy store a few months ago. It was made in honor of Pac-Man's 40th anniversary. You hatch and raise a Tamogotchi, and occasionally ghosts show up and chase it around. Then you have to send Pac-Man to eat the ghosts. If you don't, the "kill screen" like the one from the original arcade game will eventually appear. If you don't send Pac-Man to clean it up, the Tamagotchi will die. It doesn't poop or get sick like in other games. It was briefly entertaining, but the batteries wore out too fast and I haven't bothered replacing them.
That sounds super cute! Sucks that the batteries died so quick though. I'm hoping my Tamagotchi's batteries last for awhile.

My Tamagotchi keep dying within one day. I never understood why....
I have no idea, either. My 3 day old one died despite me taking meticulous care of it, apparently because I fed it too many snacks. I guess the rereleases have different programming and will die faster even at their base weight if you give them snacks. :(

I had one for my fifteenth birthday. It was cool but I rarely got it to evolve into anything other than the fat floaty thing or the plant.
I'm not sure what the floaty thing is, but the plant looks cool. If I couldn't manage to get the dog one I was going to try to get the plant next.

I got two of the music themed ones that came out around 2010 and I did manage to get them to grow up fully but it’s annoying that there are items programmed into the device and you need to have a DS game to get the passwords for said items. And I’ve never seen the DS game required anywhere.

I bought a Tamagotchi as training for having a new baby. I used to sleep like the dead and worried that I wouldn't wake up to a newborns cry. I had never been around a newborn before.
The training worked but I needn't have bothered. Those little babies get their point across quite well!:p

New Threads

Top Bottom