• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The A-team (original series)

FayetheAspie

V.I.P Member
Who thinks that H. M. Murdock on the original 1980s The A-team series had autism, adhd, and ptsd. I think he pretended to have schizophrenia as needed during missions and to stay at the mental facility, but I think he really was AuDHD and was also using his overactive imagination as a coping method to avoid facing the trauma from when they had been in the POW camp.

I was aware of the series but never watched it. My last name starts with T, and prior to the series, several people called me Mr T. That series ruined that for me. (I don't like hearing my first name said aloud.) Nevertheless, never saw the show. Only heard about it.

I saw it a few times when I was a kid, didn't think a great deal of it but watched it because there was nothing much else on. Anything was better than more Elvis movies, I think all our TV stations bought them cheap on special or something.

My favourite TV hero was Professor Julius Sumner Miller, I was a bit of a nerd. This guy was such a stereotypical mad scientist to look at and listen to but he was really good too.

Last edited:
When I think of such a thing regarding actor Dwight Schultz, it's not Murdock from "The A Team", but rather Reginald Barkley from Star Trek: TNG.

"The authors reviewed each episode that involved Barclay within the Star Trek universe. The analysis revealed several impairments that are consistent with what the American Psychological Association (2013) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (5th ed: DSM-5) considers to be part of an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). According to the DSM-5, ASD is a combination of deficits, including a “reduced sharing of interests [. . .] maintaining and understanding relationships” (APA, 2013, p. 50). Further these “Symptoms cause clinically significant impairment in social occupational or other important areas of current functioning” (APA, 2013, p. 50). The analyses of Barclay’s development revealed that he has elements of social phobia, hypochondria, transporter phobia, holodeck addiction, and anxiety disorder. Some of these characteristics can be seen as a 24th-century version of ASD."

Cognitive differences in Star Trek: the case and evolution of Reginald Barclay

I was a bit of a nerd. This guy was such a stereotypical mad scientist to look at and listen to but he was really good too.
Let's be politically correct - he was an angry researcher, not mad scientist.

I was an ubernerd. I would probably loved that guy

I liked this series, i loved when they were cornered in some garage and invented some stuff to escape lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom