• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The dangers of hypnosis and hypnotherapy

One of the morale officers at one of my duty stations hired a hypnotist to entertain the troops. Great fun. People clucking like chickens and stuff. My turn came, and I could not be hypnotized. After a minute or so, the dude thanked me and moved on to his next victim.

My barracks-mates dogged me for not going along with the show, but I just shrugged it off until a "Man In Black" invited me to his office for coffee and "casually" interviewed me about my background. Nothing more came of it, but it kinda weirded me out.

My turn came, and I could not be hypnotized.
I've seen a few instances of this on TV, some people are susceptible to suggestion and some aren't. Even the Top Gear crew invited a hypnotist on the show, Clarkson and May couldn't be hypnotised but Hammond could.

New Threads

Top Bottom