• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Theo on Rings of Power- SPOILER WARNING

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Theo is a teenage boy from The Southlands, on Rings of Power. His wise, kindly mother, Bronwyn, was the healer of his village, and although some called her a witch, the people respected her and in many ways she was the leader of the village.

In Season One, before the revelation of the identity of Sauron and the fall of the Southlands, Theo finds and learns to wield the ancient sword of the Dark Lord.

After the fall of The Southlands, the survivors who hadn't pledged themselves to Adar or Sauron made their way to the ancient ruins of the City of Pelagir.

During this time, after proving himself as a warrior, the Sylvan Elf, Arondir, which in many ways is his step father, gives Theo the title of "Lord of Pelagir".

Could it be that Theo is short for "Theoden", or that "Theoden" means "Son of/ Descended from the line of Theo" ?

I have a theory that Theo is the founder of Rohan, or that someone of his line becomes the founder of Rohan. For, you see, in The Two Towers and Return of the King, Theoden is the King of Rohan.

Young Theo's mother was named "Bronwyn", which is similar to the name "Branwyn", a Celtic goddess whose legend is associated with horses, love, and revenge. Could it be alluding to the idea that Theo will be the founder of the Riders of Rohan?

*** I read online that since Theo is now the Lord of Pelagir, it sets him up to become a ring bearer, as one of the Kings of Men. And that he might become a Ring Wraith/ Nazgul.

I sure hope not. I love that little boy. He is one of my favorite characters. ***

Last edited:
If The Rings of Power is canon, then you may find your answers on Theo in the Silmarillion

If The Rings of Power is canon, then you may find your answers on Theo in the Silmarillion
Rings of Power is not canon. It's fan fiction.

But based on where the plot of the series seems to be headed, mixed with the writings of Tolkien, it is my "Theo-ry"...

I can't figure out Theo. He has a sort of back and forth swing from one side to another. Part is likely his age, and personal loss. What surprised me last episode was Arondir, seemingly out of nowhere calling him Lord of Pelagir.

New Threads

Top Bottom