• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This surprised me

Aspergers_Aspie

This story surprised me, as today's world seems full of political correctness. But in saying that, where I live tobacco advertising is banned but gambling advertising still exists, hers a link to the Story

It is quite an extreme hairstyle. Perhaps not so extreme if it wasn't so tall due to the hair length. But it's quite an intense look either way.

1722419173718.png

Still, we live by the choices we make. I have a very distinct look, and I know it'd mean certain jobs would not be possible. But that's fine with me.

Ed

Seems much ado about nothing. As far as hairstyles go that doesn't seem all that extreme. I work for a pretty backwards/ old fashioned municipality and we have an employee in our tourism department that basically has that exact haircut. Nobody on my side of the pond seems to care. That's wild that she got into any sort of trouble for that.

Last edited:
Difficult one. Because into today's society, surely she would be accepted by the public, since most are extreme themselves. However, truth is, myself am not an extreme person and I would feel very uncomfortable around her. But, then again, I do not like that kind of style anyway.

I read the article and it did make me laugh, because her lawyer was pushing the femminsim agenda, but I did not read about discrimination towards her over a male counterpart.

The argument that a man would not get called up for having short hair, made me chuckle. I mean, come on now!

At the end of the day: it is their policy and she MUST have known this, so the court was right to throw her case out.

Everyone has a right to their policies.

I had always thought that the rule was being "well groomed". I'd put this look in the category of "stylish", similar to runway models who get $300 haircuts with all the extras. The look is neat and clean, plus the clothes and accessories complete and complement the look.

No body gave me a hassels about my long hair it was longer then my wife's. It was well groomed, washed daily, just grew. Clothes different story, made ink so of course some splattered on my clothing. I still remember the look on the new owners face when he saw me in the back of the room as part of the staff during the introduction meeting. little did he know that I was key to his purchase. Until I retired. don't judge a book by it's cover.

Last edited:
Such a legal decision doesn't surprise me at all.

Seems to me that the plaintiff might have been in a better position to litigate the matter had she allowed her employer to formally terminate her employment in the first place.

Litigating from a perspective of weakness having already resigned probably doomed any possibility of her recovering damages. Looks like the court chose to focus on the simplest of technicalities making a discussion of discrimination a moot point.

Difficult one. Because into today's society, surely she would be accepted by the public, since most are extreme themselves. However, truth is, myself am not an extreme person and I would feel very uncomfortable around her. But, then again, I do not like that kind of style anyway.

I read the article and it did make me laugh, because her lawyer was pushing the femminsim agenda, but I did not read about discrimination towards her over a male counterpart.

The argument that a man would not get called up for having short hair, made me chuckle. I mean, come on now!

At the end of the day: it is their policy and she MUST have known this, so the court was right to throw her case out.

Everyone has a right to their policies.
I would be very uncomfortable around her as well. Professions matter, if you choose this kind of style, you shouldn't work in professional service area at first hand.

IIRC, tobacco advertising isn't strictly banned. Freedom of speech and all that. It was part of a settlement that they stopped advertising.

Some people lose their jobs over murder, others over haircut, then lose money in court battle.

My Morningstar, what world are we living in, women change their hair constantly and go from short to long, from black to white and red, and then even want back to blond, which hairstylists don't even want to take on anymore because it's too difficult to obtain. It's just how things are.

But the private companies are notorious for having so much power of choice, in many aspects over too many things to call it fair professional workspace anymore.

My wife is retired has naturally long blonde hair, now likes to change her hair colour temporally. I usually do not notice.

My wife is retired has naturally long blonde hair, now likes to change her hair colour temporally. I usually do not notice.
I got white hairs 😞 because I bleached my hair and that's known to cause hair whitening but I waited so long compared to other women and I didn't think it would happen so suddenly and soon from bleaching. I would use temp color but it washes up extra fast or damages hair if they use professional products to make it last, and my fine hair is extra weird and fine. I have a feeling this is another "odd hair" situation that has to do with autism. A hairdresser was surprised she said I have extremely fine hair that is like the hair of a doll.

New Threads

Top Bottom