• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thoughts for Emotional Support

Mr. Stevens

V.I.P Member
I wasn't sure where to post this, but here seems appropriate.

This is a thread for resources and thoughts of emotional support. Many people on this sight suffer and seek help and understanding for this. I found the link below on a blog for the Berkeley Buddhist Priory, concerning feelings and emotions. Perhaps this is helpful, as posters here, myself included, tend to struggle in these areas. It's not short, but it is easy to read.

Feelings and Emotions by Rev. Kinrei Bassis

I also sought answers through various religions before finding myself.
From my experience it isn't that initially they don't want to train outsiders but gain sense of trust in person who is taught will use means to do good.

Being outcast enabled me to understand this unlike many people,
Xijiping said we don't tell west how to live, but they often come to us seeking answers. This is so true

But again the history of our struggle when none of us had jobs/money, well it's typical Hollywood disrespect to change who character really was, and insulting that all my good deeds are lost to few moments with a blond. But I've for years known the world to warp views, even with success.... I'm left warping. It's not that I go out with intentions to hurt blond people, I've always prided myself in having values and not hitting below the belt.
I was down n out, I gave my last insight and disrespect is hurtful.
The one movie displays westerner winning fight, in their art form. And choice less we must surrender to the bully, even us aspies expected after all years to share our eventual success with open hearts. I loose my mind trying to understand various levels the world breaks our spirit with. And it's called successful in the end, ye, in their minds.

Thank you for your response, Kayla :) Life is hard--it can be brutal at times. What makes you feel the world is livable, and that you can be comfortable in yourself?

This was a good read. Especially the part about treating feelings as temporary resonated with me. I tend to cling on to my feelings, esp. Negative ones. I feel like there is a deeper meaning to pain sometimes, when there is simply not. So i disagree with this part.

When i am in too much pain i try to remind myself that it will pass with time, everything is temporary in life. There were times that i perceived something eternal and beautiful in life, and i recognized it was too beautiful to belong to this world. So i also try to remind myself of this beauty and feeling of eternity that i temporarily experienced in life, and it makes everything worth it.

New Threads

Top Bottom