• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time for some dietary changes.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
My doctor told me that my black coffee habit would literally kill me if I did not start cutting back ASAP. I am drinking six or seven cups a day to replace the beer addiction.

This is why I can’t have nice things. I overindulge.

Bad habits are hard to break.

You are finding out, like I have, that the mind can play tricks on you. That your habit has replaced alcohol for caffeine.

It takes willpower to overcome this. But it also takes willpower to know something is wrong.

If you enjoy drinking black coffee. I'd reccomend decaf coffee. There is still maybe .01% caffeine in it. But a micro dose will do you less harm. I'd still take weight on the amount of cups you consume. There is such a thing as too much, even with decaf. I found that out myself.

It can suck. But managing one's self, is part of helping change one's own bad habits.

Try keeping your mind busy with things you do enjoy. Something you can be productive with, or to distract your mind, when it starts going south.

I've taken notes of things I can do on sticky notes, when these issues happen. Or reminders of things that are true, when my mind tries to lie to me.

Journaling experiences helps too. Keep track of thoughts, so you don't lose it in the chaos that misery applies.

What you chose to do, is up to you. Keep in mind, this will be a uphill battle. But it's worth it for the happiness you'll feel, as you conquer these negative things.

Decaf coffee can be good. You are going to have some headaches and other caffeine withdrawal symptoms when you dial back the regular coffee amounts. It will be worth it though. My sleep is a lot better now that I drink a maximum of two coffees per day and only in the morning.

Whew.....two consecutive cups of coffee are all I allow myself, without any high-sugar sweets for the next 24 hours. Otherwise I'll be so wired that I won't get hardly any decent sleep.

And I always put at least a day in between those days I enjoy my two cups of coffee. Otherwise I start to get hooked on caffeine, ending up going cold turkey and paying for it with an unpleasant withdrawal that might last as much as three days.

Decaf coffee can be good. You are going to have some headaches and other caffeine withdrawal symptoms when you dial back the regular coffee amounts. It will be worth it though. My sleep is a lot better now that I drink a maximum of two coffees per day and only in the morning.
If you use correct vitamins, manganese then coffee withdrawal is reduced to cravings.
More coffee you drink, like sugar it spikes and then drops, so more you have to have. Also if you like me don't take magnesium with coffee, set healthy pattern of water. Trying to exercise, even just stretching can not only set better habits but release dopamine.
Yip, exercise before class is my new routine.

Coffee interferes with bodies absorption of magnesium (NB)
Some supplements best taken different intervals of day, spaced by 2hours
Never take vitamins with meds, again 2 hr space.

This is why I can’t have nice things. I overindulge.

To be fair, though, caffeine is an addictive substance. It can get a grip on anyone, and frequently does. Thus, the extreme popularity of Starbucks.

I've been through the "need to cut back" thing myself. It wasnt coffee for me, it was Mountain Dew, but still. Was having too much in a day, eventually things happened, had to cut back quite a bit. Now I allow myself two in the morning and that's it.

New Threads

Top Bottom