• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Virgin Mobile problems

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Been posting on the Virgin Media Community Forum all day trying to resolve issues with their Network and my account, and the Forum support staff are about as much use as a cardboard cutout to put it politely.

Basically, the Network is virtually unusable in Sheffield, England due to VERY poor signals in most parts of the City, I also can't talk to the non UK customer service team because they don't understand my strong local accent, that's even if I can get past the annoying automated nonsense to actually speak to a human.

I have just short of 2 months left on my SIM Only contract at £12 a month, should I suck i up and pay off the contract now or wait till the 9th of October and give 30 days notice to end the contract on the day it's supposed to renew? (November 8th)

As mentioned I am aware of Google and the Virgin website.

They're not going to let you cancel early, so go ahead and use what you have left - send the 30 day notice on Oct 9th, like you said. All these mobile phone carriers are difficult to deal with. My mom was on my Verizon account when she passed away and they wouldn't let me cancel her phone before finishing the contract.

They're not going to let you cancel early

They will, so long as you pay what is left on a contract and potentially an early termination fee.

Personally as it's such a short period of time, I would wait.

Topic.

Been posting on the Virgin Media Community Forum all day trying to resolve issues with their Network and my account, and the Forum support staff are about as much use as a cardboard cutout to put it politely.

Basically, the Network is virtually unusable in Sheffield, England due to VERY poor signals in most parts of the City, I also can't talk to the non UK customer service team because they don't understand my strong local accent, that's even if I can get past the annoying automated nonsense to actually speak to a human.

I have just short of 2 months left on my SIM Only contract at £12 a month, should I suck i up and pay off the contract now or wait till the 9th of October and give 30 days notice to end the contract on the day it's supposed to renew? (November 8th)

As mentioned I am aware of Google and the Virgin website.
Meh, just wait out your contract. It's frustrating when you pay for a service and the service fails to provide. This is why I use a prepaid service so if it sucks, I can ditch it like a bad habit. Fortunately, I use MetroPCS (USA) and it's been really good for the most part.

They will, so long as you pay what is left on a contract and potentially an early termination fee.

Personally as it's such a short period of time, I would wait.
yes, that's kind of what I meant. Not going to let you cancel without paying the remainder of the contract.

Meh, just wait out your contract. It's frustrating when you pay for a service and the service fails to provide. This is why I use a prepaid service so if it sucks, I can ditch it like a bad habit. Fortunately, I use MetroPCS (USA) and it's been really good for the most part.

I live in Sheffield, England, USA services do not function here.

I live in Sheffield, England, USA services do not function here.
Yeah, I realize that. The point I was trying to make is that maybe instead of a contract service you might consider looking for something prepaid. I pay a flat 50.00 per month for unlimited talk, text, and data. If I don't pay then the service shuts off without penalty.

Yeah, I realize that. The point I was trying to make is that maybe instead of a contract service you might consider looking for something prepaid. I pay a flat 50.00 per month for unlimited talk, text, and data. If I don't pay then the service shuts off without penalty.

Yeah. I noticed a number of people continue to seek a European equivalent of Metro PCS and other such services offered as a flat fee per month.

I got a PM on the Virgin Media Community Forum yesterday, they'll let me terminate the SIM Only contract early if I pay £3.78 plus next month's bill.

Because I explained the constant problem of poor signals in Sheffield, England and also the fact I can't talk to the Foreign call centre because they don't understand me.... Trouble is, most of the major players in the UK mobile network Business have non UK call centres so I'm kinda stuck with the same problem either way :(

New Threads

Top Bottom