• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Virtual Parties

I was wondering if anyone would like a virtual party for their birthday?. Or just a virtual party like role play but keep it pg. I know were already on a forum. But, like a way to make it more special, for everyone on here. Does anyone have any ideas how that could be done?
I hope you all are having a great day. :)

Thank you. Do you have any suggestions how to go about it? I think people like to stay incognito on here. So probably no video streaming to see everyone's faces.

I was going to mention that there might not be a whole lot of people on here who like video streaming (although I'm sure some might, we are a diverse bunch after all).

There's always chatrooms, in the link above. If you get enough people talking at once it's kind of like a party :). I'd also join anything like that in solidarity or support of the party, when you need someone extra!

Open a Zoom account. Then you can schedule such things and you, the moderator, can choose to have no video and only audio as one of your zoom meeting parameters.

Open a Zoom account. Then you can schedule such things and you, the moderator, can choose to have no video and only audio as one of your zoom meeting parameters.
The moderator can set it so that each participant can choose whether or not to show the video. Or whether or not to mute.

But even so, I can’t imagine what I would say seeing as it takes me hours to days to figure out what to say.

I love voice chatting, no video tho in groups. I also like roleplaying in text, nothing too advanced and casual sounds great with new people.

Tho I'm a bit picky abt who is in the party.

I'm also concerned about moderation as when oftentimes things were taken off this site the behavior of people was very different and there were traumatic events.

I love voice chatting, no video tho in groups. I also like roleplaying in text, nothing too advanced and casual sounds great with new people.

Tho I'm a bit picky abt who is in the party.

I'm also concerned about moderation as when oftentimes things were taken off this site the behavior of people was very different and there were traumatic events.

Establish rules ahead of time. In zoom, it's very easy for the moderator to remove someone from the zoom.

Establish rules ahead of time. In zoom, it's very easy for the moderator to remove someone from the zoom.
It was possible on Discord but they didn't do it. I think I would like to get to know the people in charge too, of the event, and those who the event is for first, on-site.

Thank you for all your great ideas so far , it helps.
I would try doing a poll if I can figure out how to make one. For example zoom , chat text, audio, roleplay text or audio etc.

I understand we have chat rooms on here already. I just wanted to make it extra special for everyone like birthdays, role play etc. But keep it pg so everyone can be comfortable.

For now, I think it will stay in text. Partly, because people are have mixed feelings about about it. I want everyone to be comfortable with this .
If anyone one knows how to do something like this would you please moderate it with me?

Thanks.

The Chatrooms are on the 3 lines menu on top left. "Chat" People can create their own chatrooms there.

Moderators on this site moderate the other chatrooms too, so that wouldn't be a problem. I don't know if you can have additional moderators.

New Threads

Top Bottom