• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Walking in the Forests

Ivi

Hi all, I hope you are all doing well! ❤️ (Pictures continue in the next message, as 10 is the limit...)

I wanted to share to you my love for walking in the forests, with these pictures. I'm definitely not a professional photographer as you can see, but I loved this yellow autumn forest and these green bushes around the small river, these walks were my last walks for this year due to the weather and my sensitivities to it. :)

Walking in the forests in the summer and early autumn helps me with my health problems a bit, I feel like I can breathe better and I feel super relaxed in the middle of a forest. I walk in the forests in the summer mostly, as often as possible. My favorite time is the midnight sun (here is a photo of the autumn sun though!). As I live very close to the small forests, it's not a long journey for me, just a few steps and you're in a small forest area. :) (I live in a forest country.)

I also love to walk in the forests in the early autumn when it's yellow everywhere but not too cold yet, it's very beautiful to me, the recently fallen leaves are pretty. Usually I have my autumn walks (less regularly) in the early evening when it's not dark yet. Sometimes I don't feel as comfortable to walk alone too much, but I recently befriended my neighbor and he also likes to walk in the forests so we walk together! :) It's also a cultural thing. :)
It was an awesome coincidence for me this year to befriend someone so nice (and weird enough😁) from my neighborhood, and it's rare in my culture to talk to your neighbors or generally the people from the same cultural background. I usually only get to talk with foreigners here, which is great too, I love foreigners a bunch and can relate to them a lot with their contagious friendliness and smiles! 😊 ❤️

I don't walk in the winter, and also now it's getting too cold for me to be outside, so I'm already waiting for the spring! 🌼🌺🌸🌷 I'm like a bear, I get very tired in the winter. I would love to live in a warmer climate (I have much love for certain other countries), but the one and only thing I would miss about my country is the midnight sun. I would like to move to another country if I could, and then spend just the summers here.

Feel free to share your forest photos here too, if it's something you like to do as well! 🌲🌳🌴❤️

Attachments

• autumnsun.jpg
    autumnsun.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9936.JPEG
    IMG_9936.JPEG
    501.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9935.JPEG
    IMG_9935.JPEG
    510.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9933.JPEG
    IMG_9933.JPEG
    431.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9931.JPEG
    IMG_9931.JPEG
    519.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9923.JPEG
    IMG_9923.JPEG
    311.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9909.JPEG
    IMG_9909.JPEG
    547.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9908.JPEG
    IMG_9908.JPEG
    565.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9907.JPEG
    IMG_9907.JPEG
    289.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9905.JPEG
    IMG_9905.JPEG
    371.6 KB · Views: 3
(Contunuation)

Attachments

• metsä5.jpg
    metsä5.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 3
  • metsä4.jpg
    metsä4.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 2
  • metsä3.jpg
    metsä3.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 2
  • metsä2.jpg
    metsä2.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 2
  • metsä1.jpg
    metsä1.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 1
  • marjatmaassa.jpg
    marjatmaassa.jpg
    913.5 KB · Views: 1
  • jäkälä.jpg
    jäkälä.jpg
    1,003.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9990.JPEG
    IMG_9990.JPEG
    192.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9943.JPEG
    IMG_9943.JPEG
    572.2 KB · Views: 2
(Continuation)

Attachments

• metsä10.jpeg
    metsä10.jpeg
    597.6 KB · Views: 2
  • metsä9.jpg
    metsä9.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 2
  • metsä8.jpg
    metsä8.jpg
    933.7 KB · Views: 2
  • metsä7.jpg
    metsä7.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 3
  • metsä6.jpg
    metsä6.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 3
P.S. I think some of the photos came here 2x accidentally, sorry about that (I'm not very skillful with technology! :) )

Nice! My future spouse and I started out backpacking when we took a road trip to a trail maintenance trip in the Smoky Mountains. We have been enjoying the outdoors for 46 years.

Here is our local bike trail, the Betsie Valley Trail.
Betsie Valley Trail Fal.jpg

Forests are something I also love, mine are very different to yours though. None of our native trees lose their leaves in winter, they're green all year round. For the last 5 years I haven't had a car which means I've mostly been stuck in the city but that has just changed and I'll be going places with my camera more often soon.

This is from near Mount Gambier in South Australia last January.

Gambier 18.jpg

Forests are something I also love, mine are very different to yours though. None of our native trees lose their leaves in winter, they're green all year round. For the last 5 years I haven't had a car which means I've mostly been stuck in the city but that has just changed and I'll be going places with my camera more often soon.

This is from near Mount Gambier in South Australia last January.

View attachment 136540
What a beauty this forest is also! Thank you for sharing too. 😊 I would definitely love to experience many different types of forests from different climates. ❤️
I'm happy to hear that you are also getting back to the "forest life" that you love too! :)
I always wish I could capture the magical atmosphere of the forests with my simple camera, for example the late evening fog in the autumn - I have tried to take photos of it too, but somehow the simple photos don't typically show how magical it can look in reality. :)

I have tried to take photos of it too, but somehow the simple photos don't typically show how magical it can look in reality. :)
It's more than just what it looks like. The smells, the sounds, the feel of a forest. Especially when you know you have the place to yourself. We have a great variety of birds and they can be very noisy, it's never quiet in our forests, yet it's peaceful.

these walks were my last walks for this year due to the weather and my sensitivities to it. :)
Where I am, there is a forest that I usually walk my dogs in, but I have to stop, also.
Not because of my health, but because it is the snake breeding season.
Australia has a lot of snakes.

New Threads

Top Bottom