• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your favorite non-theistic religion(s)? How do they empower your life?

All-Rounder

No fear of depths and great fear of shallow living
V.I.P Member
I would love to hear about your favorite non theistic religion(s) or even philosophical views and why it/they = your favorite. I love Satanism particularly The Satanic Temple's religious and dogmatic experience where you are allowed to break up any point and quantify it while serving only humanity.

I would say that the glutton sinful nature of valuing prosperity as a community to have and share is up there high on my list where I would name a sort of mixed group, the Freemasons, though they have their annoying sides like you are supposed to be rich to partake in the causes even though you could volunteer in other ways so it seems kinda elitist in that way. And the fact they portray themselves as non-religious instead of non-theistic with an actual requirement of belief in a deity, or a higher being according to their scripts. There's the fact it's a brotherhood so it's only for men, I like a more inclusive thing generally.

PS. If you have criticism towards non religious stuff based on morality I have many times posted information to dismantle, you have to get it somewhere else. Like on Google maybe??

Last edited:
I have a favorite book or group of books more than a favorite non-theistic religion. The most helpful and intriguing, in my opinion, would specifically be two books regarding the Tao. I favor the books more than the religion. The book Tao Te Ching. Followed by the Tao of Pooh. I don’t now much about Taoism as a religion, but those two books were game changers for me in life. After reading them in my youth I was, for a while, filled with a sense of inner joy and happiness similar to the sensation of puppy love or the early stages of falling in love.
I’m not sure why the Tao has been on my mind so much in the last two days but I should probably give it another read through.

I was forced into christianity by my abusive parents. It's fine for both of them to do horrible things to their daughter, then go to church and ask for their sins to be forgiven, and then the process of my abuse would repeat. I hate that aspect of christianity, same is the way they treat women, like they're some lower race, but islamists do the same with their women. I just want women to be free, and IMO they can't really be free under those two religions. But of course I would contradict myself saying, that I want women to be free, and then telling them what faith they should or shouldn't choose. And I dont know about other big religions in the world to talk about them.
As I told you recently, I was unbaptised this year by my boyfriend. He's animist, he's interested in paganism, satanism and faeries. I myself am learning about those things from him, and it's interesting to hear about spirits and stuff, but all that still sounds too over my head. I am agnostic myself, but I did get interested in occult, after I attended an online lecture by a witch.
Maybe with time I'll learn more about the occult and will get interested in it, but for now I'm busy trying to survive my day-to-day life :)

Non-theistic Religions: What Are These Types of Beliefs

1727822701410.png

I was forced into christianity by my abusive parents. It's fine for both of them to do horrible things to their daughter, then go to church and ask for their sins to be forgiven, and then the process of my abuse would repeat. I hate that aspect of christianity, same is the way they treat women, like they're some lower race, but islamists do the same with their women. I just want women to be free, and IMO they can't really be free under those two religions. But of course I would contradict myself saying, that I want women to be free, and then telling them what faith they should or shouldn't choose. And I dont know about other big religions in the world to talk about them.
As I told you recently, I was unbaptised this year by my boyfriend. He's animist, he's interested in paganism, satanism and faeries. I myself am learning about those things from him, and it's interesting to hear about spirits and stuff, but all that still sounds too over my head. I am agnostic myself, but I did get interested in occult, after I attended an online lecture by a witch.
Maybe with time I'll learn more about the occult and will get interested in it, but for now I'm busy trying to survive my day-to-day life :)
tbh its not the religion its the extremists who ruin religions name

tbh its not the religion its the extremists who ruin religions name
Well I wasn't an extremist but I had toxicity in mentality and a lot was self directed. I also lacked self respect and understanding due to the sin culture. But I get what you're saying, there are a lot of impulsive and violent toxic people who put their faith to shame. They listen to hate preaching and the psychopaths who preach hatefulness get wealthy and deal a lot of damage.

I have a favorite book or group of books more than a favorite non-theistic religion. The most helpful and intriguing, in my opinion, would specifically be two books regarding the Tao. I favor the books more than the religion. The book Tao Te Ching. Followed by the Tao of Pooh. I don’t now much about Taoism as a religion, but those two books were game changers for me in life. After reading them in my youth I was, for a while, filled with a sense of inner joy and happiness similar to the sensation of puppy love or the early stages of falling in love.
I’m not sure why the Tao has been on my mind so much in the last two days but I should probably give it another read through.
That's great to hear but there is something I don't understand, like is there a heaven? And if so is there an expectation of afterlife, and how are the dynamics of it, if you know?

The wheel of afterlife, path to illumination in Buddhism is very strange because like you expect unless you're perfect you will be an animal. It's nice to have that respect towards animal life but it can also become obsessive and unrealistic.

Sounds very rough. My dad was the head of his own cult, I grew up with him in the house, it can be very intense and damaging to force children into uncomfortable stuff or expose them to limited teachings, not let them see everything and find their own path. I'm sorry you had to go through that, it shouldn't be allowed.

Yeah I know, no respect for women and superiority complex propagated by them having been in power throughout the history of early humanity. The women were used as resources, devalued and forced into many things. I hear some women nowadays speak detrimentally of themselves, this sort of syndrome of disrespect and inferiority is a big problem in nowadays religious culture. And the expectations and abuse towards modern women of different values are so toxic. It's why I think dating religious people who stand for inferiority-superiority thing would be dynamically unhealthy. It's disappointing also just to think that the equal sense of relationships is missing at this point on time. Discrimination towards women to be honest.

I like Wiccan stuff, I find it very fun for girls. I also like this gay female singer named Zolita, she has all this cool witchy aura about herself and besides making great music she also has this vlog where she talks about the witch stuff, candles, inscriptions and her solitude and meaning experience doing these beautiful things.

Tbh he sounds so cool and healthy, I'm happy for you. Hope it lasts forever. ♾️

Last edited:
That's great to hear but there is something I don't understand, like is there a heaven? And if so is there an expectation of afterlife, and how are the dynamics of it, if you know?
There is not a Heaven in the Taoist religion
I find it a little peculiar that there even is an organized religion based on the Tao Te Ching one of the passages read something like “the Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao” another is “he who knows does not speak, and he who speaks does not know “
IMG_2268.png
IMG_2269.png

Last edited:
Well I had a friend into animism, sort of. That's how she would express it, like things are interconnected but maybe less spiritual. In a sense I view it similarly but there is not a spirit in them in my view as spirits don't have any evidence of existence. But they are linked in some ways or interacting more so. Though something made me think... Like the Chaos Theory and how things are chaotic yet at the same cause-dependent. Though these causes are random and sometimes controlled by free will, humans and animals acting in nonlinear ways.

The Golden Rule. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a worthwhile way to base actions on in life.

Aside from that, then probably this.

The Golden Rule. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a worthwhile way to base actions on in life.
It's definitely not the worst thing, especially if taken out of the context (of various slave master encouragement) in the Bible. But I heard the thing that is apparently better than that saying, like do unto others as They want to be treated, not as you would. The difference that makes empathy.

It's definitely not the worst thing, especially if taken out of the context (of various slave master encouragement) in the Bible. But I heard the thing that is apparently better than that saying, like do unto others as They want to be treated, not as you would. The difference that makes empathy.
But how should I know how others want to be treated?

But how should I know how others want to be treated?
You know them and their differences compared to you. Like that they prefer vanilla whilst you prefer chocolate as a simple example.

And then you also can ask what they personally need and want, communicate.

You know them and their differences compared to you. Like that they prefer vanilla whilst you prefer chocolate as a simple example.

And then you also can ask what they personally need and want, communicate.
Well that works with people I already know, Golden rule to me works with people I don't know, so I'll just behave in the way I would like them to behave towards me. Because clearly I yet don't know do they like vanilla or chocolate. But of course open communication is a base for any good relationship, friendly or intimate, so yeah that's where this "do unto others as They want to be treated" will start working. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom