• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your favourite band or singer of all time?

Pink Floyd the sounds from guitar are really good. I love the wall and the machine. I also like pulp Jarvis cocker sang some amazing tracks.

Pink Floyd the sounds from guitar are really good. I love the wall and the machine. I also like pulp Jarvis cocker sang some amazing tracks.
Pink floyd yeah they had a distinct sound I remember listening to the wall with my dad once.

Hmm... I used to think INXS was pronounced 'Inks' Liked em in the 80's. Pink Floyd? Yeah. Saw them doing Dark Side of the Moon. :p

But the last time I had a favorite band, etc, was in High School. I only liked individual songs after that. But in HS I liked this band over the rest easily. They seemed to touch on themes I understood and I have since learned they stood out for being a quiet and introverted bunch... but not when they played.

Hmm... I used to think INXS was pronounced 'Inks' Liked em in the 80's. Pink Floyd? Yeah. Saw them doing Dark Side of the Moon. :p

But the last time I had a favorite band, etc, was in High School. I only liked individual songs after that. But in HS I liked this band over the rest easily. They seemed to touch on themes I understood and I have since learned they stood out for being a quiet and introverted bunch... but not when they played.

My dad loved this band he use to play the song aqualung over and over again.

My dad loved this band he use to play the song aqualung over and over again.

They went on to do another zillion albums but to my mind Aqualung was their last good one. Really I thought Stand Up, Benefit, and Aqualung was the extent of their creative period. I think it is the same with most bands, a short creative period, but thats just my opinion.

A close runner up for me was Roxy Music. When they started it was still the Hippy hang over period and people were like WTF is this. No one still knows, but they helped break things up and usher in the next phases. Note a young Brian Eno in the backround on Keyboards.

Hmm. This is a toughie. I'm kind of a snob, in that if I am into a band and see them give a lackluster live performance, my opinion of them will slip down a notch or two. That said, with those criteria, it's a very competitive market. For now I'll just say Tom Waits because I grew up listening to "Small Change" and "Rain Dogs."

I could say Jenny Lewis, Lucinda Williams, David Byrne, Sleater-Kinney... plus a thousand others... lol

New Threads

Top Bottom