• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What would you rather eat while watching movies?

Movie watching munchies?

• Popcorn!

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Nachos!

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Hot dog!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • A child size soda that is the size of an actual child!

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Water!

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pizza!

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Beer!

• Veggie sticks because I am healthy!

• Other! (Please specify!)

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • I consume nothing while watching movies.

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
I just buy ticket that's it I eat at home. No liquids either, No going to bathroom either have large badder.
Wife drives me nuts, had serious badder issue years ago so now constantly drinks water goes to bathroom as often as every half hour think she took the doctor to literally. I now worry about kidney damage screwing up her pH and electrolytes. Ignorance is not bliss.

Last edited:
I always used to have popcorn with butter and soda. Maybe also some candy, although that would make me full. After becoming a vegan I’d have popcorn with no butter (although I’ve heard a rumor that the butter they use isn’t real). Eventually I gave up going to movies. On the rare occasion that I do go, I don’t get any food.

If I watched a movie at home, I’d make my own popcorn, as that’s considered traditional. But really any kind of food could be good while watching a movie at home. Maybe other kinds of munchies like potato chips or tortilla chips, or peanuts.

I seldom used to by anything to eat or drink at the movies. Though once in a while I did enjoy some hot buttered popcorn. Though my fondest memory of "splurging" was going to the "dome theater" and buying both a big slurpee and a big bucket of hot "buttered" popcorn on what was a blistering summer day. The two sure hit the spot along with the theater's air conditioning. :cool:

Far more enjoyable than the movie "U-571". A fictional war story of an old American submarine disguised to look like a German U-Boat, pretending to go along side another U-Boat in distress so they could seize their "Enigma" coding device.

Last edited:
Typically if it's time for me to be watching something... whether it's Youtube or something on Crunchyroll... I'm also having a meal.

So, any of my very limited selection of meal types.

A lot of very simple meals, cheese/bread/crackers/pizza/Ravaioli/whatever.

Also Pop-Tarts. Lots of those. Lots.

If it's at the movies, I will bring my own snacks. Movie theater popcorn gives me migraines.

At home, popcorn I make on the stove, a couple of chocolates.

There ain't nothin better than sitting in a theater with a great big fat chicago dog with extra relish, an extra large Dr. Pepper with no ice, and some kind of chocolatey goodness.

Oh wait, yes there is- Two Chicago dogs.

Unfortunately, a hot dog at the theater is like ten bucks.

This is actually part of my rituals. I watch one movie every evening. With popcorn and Pepsi. Pepsi in a big glass with three ice cubes. Fridays are exception, then I eat hot chicken wings, with or without popcorn or some other snack as starter while waiting for wings to cook. No substitutes, if I just can avoid it.

I don't watch many movies, all I really watch are YouTube videos and I usually just eat whatever I feel like or have in my apartment at the time.

New Threads

Top Bottom