• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Woodsmen

2010Dolby

V.I.P Member
Anybody else here into outdoorsmen sports? Hunting, fishing, archery etc. If you are, which ones and how do you do them?

I'm a major fisherman. I fish every chance I get. I'm not to big into hunting but me and my pals will drive around shooting racoons for the fur money. Can usually make about $25 a night from coon hunting. We'll go deer hunting every now and then, but we dont use guns. We put brush-guards on the front of my pickup truck and I run them over.

I'll try and beat some people to the punch by going with "I don't think this thread is a matter of ethics if hunting animals is fun"

So, with that out of the way; To some extent I do like some of the outsdoorsports... I was at an archery range once, was fun.

However, laws in Holland kinda restrict a lot of outsdoorsports, at least the ones you name 2010Dolby. We can't have a gun either way, so having one for only hunting isn't possible. You could, but you need a permit and all, and those are not available for everyone. Even fishing here requires a permit, don't know how that's over there. Used to go fishing a bit when I was a kid though, but I didn't have the patience for it.

I believe that the entire hunting thing is a problem over here. If it's done, it's illegal most of the time because, like I said, having a gun for hunting isn't legal, and setting traps in a forest either. And I don't really think that catching squirrel with your bare hands is gonna work.

I might go with hiking though... I walk around a lot in my city and to the cities next door. But that's usually in the middle of the night and more to get my mind clear. Doubt that's really "hiking". Once went out for a walk with a friend and we came back home after 9 hours... we went to the most obscure places in the area in the middle of the night. Running through cornfields in the middle of the night is quite cool though.

In general, the laws of hunting and fishing in the united states are somewhat strict. theres a limit on the number of each species you can kill, and only about a 3 week timeframe for deer hunting in nebraska. Fishing is a little bit less strict. unlimited bag-limits and no required fishing season if you own a pond or lake. if its a state owned lake then it varies by the species of fish. fishing laws on sturgeon are extremely strict. but for bass, crappie, bluegill, carp, catfish etc. it doesnt really matter.

but despite all that, my area of nebraska is concidered a very redneck region. the police usually dont care how many animals you kill or fish you catch. and honestly, one of the police officers in my county encourages us to kill deer because theyre are unbelievably annoying. theyre not "pretty little gifts of nature". theyre pests and a nuisance... and they taste great haha

New Threads

Top Bottom