• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would I be able to make a Batman cape out of memory foam like Christian Bale in Batman Begins?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

I know I wouldn't be able to fly with it like he did in the movie, but would it be possible to make the cape?

Wouldn't that depend on how adept you are at
sewing/cutting/fitting....sizing up material,
fabricating designs?

Have you found any patterns for Batman capes?
Particularly, have you found any patterns for capes
made of memory foam?

Or video tutorials on how to go about it?

Or know someone who is a capable tailor/seamstress?

Last edited:
Just be aware that stuff like this is *very* difficult to do on your own if you havent already built up the required skills, without ending up with a distorted mess and a waste of materials.

I strongly advise looking up video tutorials of how to deal with this sort of thing before making any attempts. There's LOTS of tutorials of such things on Youtube... just find some from people that seem easy to listen to.

isn't memory foam - ie inflexible material that only slowly reverts to its original form when pressure is removed - an odd material to use for a 'waving' cape?

Never worked with that foam, but I would wonder if it would always want to go back to its cylindrical shape. Not Batman, but Batcan.

It is possible yes, although the most important thing is for you to enjoy the process even if you don't have the required skills yet. It may take some time but I think you're stubborn enough to go through with it ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom