• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Animal Facts that are surprising/amazing/weird

The sea otter use rocks to crack open mollusks and clams they gather for food. So they use tools. And otters have favorite rocks, the otter will have a favorite rock it picked out and carry it around in a pouch in its fur, usually under their left arm. So they carry a tool around with them in a pouch. That's pretty advanced. They also juggle rocks but no one knows for sure exactly why they do that.

iu
Maybe they just find juggling the rocks fun.🙂

@Forest Cat My first memories of both otters and seals are seeing them at the zoo when I was quite young. They both seemed so happy and playful. One of the seals kept swimming over to me on the other side of the glass. It looked like it was smiling at me and I believe that it was. 🙂 🦦 🦭

@Forest Cat My first memories of both otters and seals are seeing them at the zoo when I was quite young. They both seemed so happy and playful. One of the seals kept swimming over to me on the other side of the glass. It looked like it was smiling at me and I believe that it was. 🙂 🦦 🦭

I saw harbor seals and bearded seals when I was at Svalbard years ago, that was special. A lot of seal. 🦭🦭🦭🦭🦭🦭

Those would have been actual wild seals ,right.

The foxes on my friend's farm are always playing tricks, although often the cleverest one they can think of is taking a dump on a garden tool. One killed a chicken, but got a stern lecture before being allowed to leave with it, and never killed another. I wonder if the urban foxes ever get to know individual humans.

Speaking of skunks; I recently built a skunk den in my back yard. My next door neighbor had a family of skunks living under her back deck. She was planning on having them exterminated because their dogs kept getting sprayed.

I built the three room den and placed a trail of food bits from her deck to the new den. We now have a family of skunks happily living in our back yard. They are so adorable and friendly.
And, NO, there is no smell. They can project a spray of liquid stink as a defense, but that only happens if they are attacked. Since we got them to move to the new den, no smells at all. just a family of happy skunks. And I get to watch them frolic around in our backyard every evening when they wake up and start their new day - which is actually night. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom