• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any one else here obsessed with physics?

I suppose it is a 1d edge through the 5th spacial dimension which is twisted through the other 4. It spins simultaneously through all the 4d in such a way that it can be expressed as +/- spin, so seems to be moving in both directions relative to outside observers.

If you're like me, you can just sort of see it, I have a compulsion to read as much as possible. on the subject.

I have no idea why I like physics. could be genetics. After all share surname with Pieter Zeeman Yet I can find no connection to him.

Yes, I see it, and then try to make up the words to explain it. So sometimes I ... worry if I say it in a way that makes sense.
I'm very different from everyone in my family. I like so many things different from them, and rarely much the same. Physics is just something I ended up sticking with as a nice brain exercise, and there is an always growing list of observed phenomena and theoretical breakthroughs. :)

Checked Peter Woits blog this morning surprised to see comment on ChatGPT generated article on two parallel universes. being very similar to each other. See my previous comments.

Just got back from watching the movie Oppenheimer looks like it's becoming a block buste. Well, done accurate.
if you told me a few days ago I would be taking my wife to a movie about a physics celebrity. I Would not believe it.

Just got back from watching the movie Oppenheimer looks like it's becoming a block buste. Well, done accurate.
if you told me a few days ago I would be taking my wife to a movie about a physics celebrity. I Would not believe it.
I really liked the movie. I figured they wouldn’t get into much about the science and how brilliant he was.Figured it was going to be about the McCarthy era, destroying reputable people. But it’s ok maybe got some people to think about things . Christopher Nolans style is really amazing.

I lay the issue of Oppenheimer's loss of his security clearance on three people, William Liscum Borden who went to that flaming transvestite, J Edgar Hoover with a tale of Oppenheimer being a Soviet spy, Hoover, himself, who put his thumb on the scales of justice by refusing Oppenheimer's defense team security clearances, and Edward Teller who clearly libeled Oppenheimer merely because he disagreed with priorities. Nobel Prize-winning physicist Isidor I. Rabi said that “It would have been a better world without Teller.” Hoover warred against Oppenheimer and his family refusing a security clearance to his daughter to work at the UN as a trilingual translator.

Starting to watch u-tube videos produced by Kathy joseph. excellent biographies on prominent physicists and mathematicians she goes back to original sources and papers real eye openers, when it comes to history nuance matters.

Kathy showed me that Maxwell wrote his paper in mathematics using octonions. AS he was familiar with Hamiltons.
math maybe if more physicists were aware of this less time would be spent on string theory. To me going back to the beginning of the maze. Reach a dead end start over at the beginning. Or at least if you reach a fork and take the wrong leg go back to the fork and take the other leg.

"Any one else here obsessed with physics"

I was a Physicist in the Air Force. Does that count?

"Any one else here obsessed with physics"

I was a Physicist in the Air Force. Does that count?
What discipline? I got into the application side of things through radiopharmaceutical manufacturing when I found that I had proficiency designing reactor and cyclotron targetry and processing systems. I have two patents for target processing.

One of my workmates understudied with me to learn the industry just prior to retirement had a master in physics she specialized in optics we became good friends had fun teaching her about industrial colour control. paints and inks.
currently she works in customer service in sales support. Incidentally my youngest brother is in the Canadian air force, reserves Electrical Technologist.

Watched a few u-tube videos on Richard Feynman noticed he is a highly. visual thinker. used a visual demonstration.
to show why the space shuttle O-rings failed with a glass of cold water. When I got a new position at an automotive assembly line, the first thing I did as the position involved treatment systems. was ask them what the biggest issue was in the plant. they stated it was paint chipping off during the assembly process which then had to be touched up.
My then said I know how to fix this, Give me a blank steel untreated panel hang it on the line take it off after it gets e-coated, then bring it over. I took the panel, treated and painted bent it in half showed it to them, all the paint including the treatment had completely peeled off. Took a year fixed plant. That's how you do it both of us are Aspies he just more educated same gift.

Last edited:
My obsession has always been determining how the universe works via particles physics or cosmology. Anyone else having simular interest, I would love to connect with.

Before the beginning all was nothing and nothing was all, infinity and zero were the same. A single point in space can be anywhere, with every where being where that point is. As the point has no volume and movement is undetectable, time would not be required, as its passage would be unobservable.

Since space cannot be infinite and a point, mutually exclusive, its volume can only approach these two boundaries. A single particle would exist as a distribution over the breadth of the universe. Hence the origin of Quantum Mechanics, an expected consequence.

Time is a consequence of movement not an entity in its own right. Movement always exists with every particle thus inducing its own time. Only at the moment of the big bang were their no movement and thus no time. Time started with the big bang, it can only flow forward.

If the universe were static and made of particles that were point like there would be not need for time. You could not tell one instant from the next. Nature does not like undue complexity; time is the result of movement, and as long as movement exists so does time. Time is emergent see Carlo Rovelli's book The Order of Time see an alternative opionion see Lee Smolin's book Time Reborn.
Really I am not always that good with science and maths but I did get am A+ on a science quiz
There is the speed of light
We are all made of atoms and particles,cells. I think maybe we have protons and neutrons
There is the law of gravity that sucks us to this planet and you cannot escape it without tremendous speed eh if you were going up in a lift really fast the way you are thrown up in the air is evidence of the way you would escape know what else

New Threads

Top Bottom