• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone Else Feel Like They Don't Belong?

Yes, for sure. Whenever anything with another person proceeds beyond a certain level of familiarity, I say or do something that doesn't work and it all fails. This is especially true with "social media." I'll have nothing to do with Facebook etc., but places like Reddit don't work for me.

I'm pretty good at casual conversation and can get started talking with people easily enough. It's just that it doesn't last. I'm really glad this forum exists, because it has a positive design and it's not rigged with algorithms to promote maximum "engagement." Forum type venues on the Internet always have been good for me, especially if they involve a special interest. Alas those kinds of sites are decreasing in number and have almost totally disappeared.

In real life, it's the same. I'm disappointed that 98% of people I used to have a professional association with have not engaged after I left actively working. I am lucky that I have two people that I have retained as friends, but it always amazes me when I meet someone who has connections that go back decades.

I guess "I don't belong" is as good a description for this kind of thing as anything else would be.
Reddit. I cant use it. Sensational topics and every user is trying to be funny for upvotes, so any helpful informative posts are buried. Oh the humanity! :D

Last edited:
Neurotypicals will talk behind your back if you try to fit in to one of their cliques, no matter how tolerant you are of them. That's a given, unless they have been taught not to by religion.

Last edited:
I belong in the world. I never felt like I was on the wrong planet or didn't actually belong here. Society is not the world. If we focus on our (very dysfunctional) societies, it is easy to feel we don't belong. But, I'm not sure anyone really feels they belong there. Many people focused on society seem to have trouble living in the actual world, which is where they are. Though, I think they are also looking for something more peaceful and more real.

New Threads

Top Bottom