• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you afraid to die?

Are you afraid to die?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
Sometimes I am when I read on the papers about young people who have died suddenly like footballers dying on the pitch. It's so scary to think that your body can just switch its self off at ANY time. And it is often a subject that crops up in my over-think sessions.
You could just be walking down the street going about your daily life and you could just suddenly collapse. Like that. *Shudders*

Sometimes I am when I read on the papers about young people who have died suddenly like footballers dying on the pitch. It's so scary to think that your body can just switch its self off at ANY time. And it is often a subject that crops up in my over-think sessions.
You could just be walking down the street going about your daily life and you could just suddenly collapse. Like that. *Shudders*

interesting thought there monkey, hmm, well atleast its a painless way to die, but arent those kind of deaths due to underlying issues that may have not been picked up on?

That happened to a guy in my neighbourhood when he was 13. He just collapsed and died.
People thought he was faking for like 5 minutes as well and were kicking him and stuff... o_O.
It is probably better to end on a good note rather than after months of pain from an illness or years of depression or something, I must admit.
EMZ=]

When I'm happy I'm not afraid of death. no matter how bad i thought my life was at the time, it didnt matter to me, cause i would of experienced everything i wanted in life, anyway. complete acceptance. very awesome. i lived like that for 6 months, and still do sometimes.

when i am depressed, i am anxious that ill not get out of this place, like i need to 'acquire' more, 'hoard' more externally.. which obviously doesnt exist, it's just apart of the illness.. i think that thinking in that way is an illusion.. i am always where i want to be, in reality.

i see the world around me like densities of consciousness. everything connected, with its own voice.. if everything doesnt interact to some degree, then theres no way of knowing what does and doesnt exist on that particular level of consciousness.. nothing will form, or want to form.. if just stop for a while, can connect with everything around you.. heat, light, its euphoric.. underneath Everything we percieve there is Nothing and Anything.. Sunyata and Nirvana etc etc.. i dont think 'I' will change when my human body dies, will just change into another form, yet stay exactly the same.

goes on and on and on.. :P

Not afraid to die, but the manner in which I will die does scare me. I cannot imagine a more excruciating and horrible death than burning to death or drowning. So when I die, I hope that's its quick, or at least somewhat quick...

I am not sure what I believe as far as what happens after death. I don't like the idea of a heaven or a hell and I am not religious, but I do think that at the least, our energy will be transferred elsewhere else. Thus is the way of the Universe. I have actually experienced out of body experiences before, so I am curious as to what really happens after we die. I guess I will find out someday.

Yep, I'm afraid of dying. In fact, I'm shivering whenever I try to imagine what it feels like not to exist at all. (Well, not that you actually "feel" anything, because you don't exist, lol, it's extremely difficult to imagine that...). I believe that lack of existence is the worst thing that can fall upon any living being, being worse than any kind of physical/mental torture. And no, (if that's not obvious already), I don't believe in any kind of spiritual beings, afterlife, gods, godesses, unicorns, etc. because I'm a big, bad, closed-minded atheist who relies on those funny unnecessary things called "logic" and "proof".

I don't believe in any kind of spiritual beings, afterlife, gods, godesses, unicorns, etc. because I'm a big, bad, closed-minded atheist who relies on those funny unnecessary things called "logic" and "proof".
WIN.
EMZ=]

I wasn't afraid of dying when I was younger (even tried to a couple of times), but now I tend to go from one state to the other, depending on my mood. I am a complete atheist and believe that this life is all there is; just wish it didn't suck so much :D Actually drowning is supposed to be a pretty nice way to go, and burning alive is only painful for a short time, until all your nerves are burnt away after which it's painless. Decapitation would be interesting, might be cool to see your own headless body for a split second ;)

I wasn't afraid of dying when I was younger (even tried to a couple of times), but now I tend to go from one state to the other, depending on my mood. I am a complete atheist and believe that this life is all there is; just wish it didn't suck so much :D Actually drowning is supposed to be a pretty nice way to go, and burning alive is only painful for a short time, until all your nerves are burnt away after which it's painless. Decapitation would be interesting, might be cool to see your own headless body for a split second ;)
That would actually creep me out to see my headless body, that would definitely frighten me even more than it already did.

New Threads

Top Bottom