• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie Books

Yoshi08

I am new here so forgive me if something similar to this has been posted. I love books and reading and wanted to ask this.

But I was curious as to your favorite books on Aspergers / Autism?
I loved 'Journal of Best Practices' by David Finch. That was a great book of how David kept a journal of things he had to work on to be a better father an husband, to takign shorter showers, helping his wife Kristen take care of the kids in the morning, etc etc... Great story.

My favorite Autism related book would have to be 'Seeing Ezra' by Kerry Cohen. i have read a lot of autism books and can't really pick ONE but this one I really enjoyed and recently finished. I coudl relate to a few things that Ezra struggled with in his childhood.

Do any of you ever relate well to autism/aspergers books? and enjoy them? :)

I love that you asked this question, and I'm curious to know what others have to say. I have been frustrated in finding that the vast majority of what is written on Aspergers for adults is male-oriented. If we know that females suffer Aspergers differently and have a different experience, it seems logical that there should be more that is geared toward women. I am aware of the Temple Grandin books, but those have less to do with Aspergers than the general Autism definition.

I have just started reading this great book called "Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome" by Rudy Simone. Awesome! Aspie girls are different from Aspie guys, this book is just for us. I have a Kindle, so can get samples of books that look good. One sample I read and really liked was from a book called "Aspergers and Girls" by Mary Wrobel, Lisa Iland, and several other Aspies. I plan to get it next paycheck!!!!

I love that you asked this question, and I'm curious to know what others have to say. I have been frustrated in finding that the vast majority of what is written on Aspergers for adults is male-oriented. If we know that females suffer Aspergers differently and have a different experience, it seems logical that there should be more that is geared toward women. I am aware of the Temple Grandin books, but those have less to do with Aspergers than the general Autism definition.
i recommend aspergirls by rudy simone :)

I have just started reading this great book called "Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome" by Rudy Simone. Awesome! Aspie girls are different from Aspie guys, this book is just for us. I have a Kindle, so can get samples of books that look good. One sample I read and really liked was from a book called "Aspergers and Girls" by Mary Wrobel, Lisa Iland, and several other Aspies. I plan to get it next paycheck!!!!

awesome! i use a samsung tablet witht he amazon kindle app, and love it.

im glad you found a book you like! when you get it let us know here how you like it. :)

When I was first diagnosed with aspergers, I was feeling a bit down about it and the psychologist recommended I read Brenda Boyd- Appreciating Asperger's Syndrome. It helped me see the bright side :-).

I really liked Aspergirls, I bought another copy and mailed it to my sister who I strongly suspected was an aspie. Her fiance wouldn't comment at all thinking he couldn't cause he wasn't a doctor, but he's reading it to and now he calls her his aspie, and says the aspie things she does are cute. But he realized that it did fit her, and he has noticed improvement in her since she she has been reading it.

I really liked Aspergirls, I bought another copy and mailed it to my sister who I strongly suspected was an aspie. Her fiance wouldn't comment at all thinking he couldn't cause he wasn't a doctor, but he's reading it to and now he calls her his aspie, and says the aspie things she does are cute. But he realized that it did fit her, and he has noticed improvement in her since she she has been reading it.
thats awesome :) im happy for your friend and that her boyfriend is supportive of her. thats great news :)

Thanks, Firkin.........I'll have to check that one out :smile:

Hiya Gailt915,

I was just wondering if you got around to reading aspergers and girls? If so, is it any good? I just finished Aspergirls and I'm hungry for some new material!

New Threads

Top Bottom