• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism and food

Really miss seeing him excited about a meal, food is one of his favourite things. And I like to cook different things each day. Seeing his appetite halved and with little interest in food, makes me concerned for him. As long as I've known him, his food intake has been essentially the same.
It's changed minimally over the years as he's aged, but it's remained close to his activity levels and there has been little variance. This sort of rapid change has deviated from the norm. And he rarely deviates from the norm.

When one's diet becomes so restricted, it definitely reflects a diminished quality of life. However excruciating and embarrassing pain is a great motivator to alter most any appetite. :(

Where so many foods you may have loved all your life suddenly become your worst nightmare. :eek:

I think we all have food issues here, and I think depending on what is happening in our lives (physically and/or mentally) it exacerbates these issues. I was trying a medication for depression that ended up causing me to throw up all the time, even though I've been off it for a very long time now, I've had zero appetite and I'm even more peculiar with food. There's often posters on the subway promoting veganism, and I believe that has played with my psyche as well.

If I could tell you the troubles I have had with that horrific substance known as food, that evil, Satanic, monstrous beast that even trees don't need.....that purely wicked and heinous destroyer of lives, King of Sieges (via starvation), Prince of Death through high blood pressure, etc............the unrighteous pender that we need, like a wager, a barter to stay alive....................the DESTROYER of families, towns,

OMGOSH!! I can't!!!!!! I HATE THAT MONSTROUS SUBSTANCE AND ALL IT STANDS FOR!!!!!

I have a very restricted diet, almost ritualistic for my morning and afternoon diets, I almost always eat an egg, sausage, and cheese sandwich. I can't say that I've had anything like what you are describing though. Steroids can definitely do some strange things to your body, and should be looked into further. I took them for years due to back pain, but they increased my appetite, rather than what you described.

New Threads

Top Bottom