• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Trait That I Did Not Realize I Had...

Crossbreed

Neur-D Missionary ☝️
V.I.P Member
Recently, I changed my bedding from heavy winter blankets to light summer blankets. While I do not miss the heat of the former, I found myself missing their weight. Who knew!?

This is exactly why I need to buy a weighted blanket. Each time I see one I'm tempted, but they are so expensive. I can't understand why they cost so much.

Ironically, I stand more chance of being able to sleep under a heavy winter duvet in the summer than I do under a light summer duvet. I'd rather feel a bit too hot given the choice.

I think I just need to swallow the expense and invest in a weighted blanket. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Harlow
Mine was my toes must be covered, I also like to hide under my blanket.
Much Asay about orphans exhibiting asd like symptoms, but Romania prefers apply for schengen visa so maybe it doesn't upset em, I don't think Russia needs to pay debts to same extent as nazzi Germany or Beyer pharmaceuticals

I’m not a fan of doonas. I live in a country rightly known for its extreme heat. They are heavy and more appropriate for really cold places like Scandinavia. Layers work for me in winter.

I think they need. Although I'm not sure, why you wrote about it here now.
Philanthropist, but unlike Soros miKayla isn't driven by money or agenda but in making world right,
Do you like to cuddle up with someone, but prefer comfort of blanket than fake person?
Another thing is once monkey is rejected it won't go back for help, asd people react like this, takes lot more to get them to come back to you

I thought autistic people were more likely to not withstand heat?

I can't bear being hot in bed. Even in the winter I prefer a thin quilt, because I warm up eventually via body heat, even though I only sleep in underpants, all year round. I would rather be too cold in bed than too hot. So weighted blankets are a no-no for me.

I thought autistic people were more likely to not withstand heat?

I can't bear being hot in bed. Even in the winter I prefer a thin quilt, because I warm up eventually via body heat, even though I only sleep in underpants, all year round. I would rather be too cold in bed than too hot. So weighted blankets are a no-no for me.

I am the same. I don't like being too hot in bed and because of my weight, I easily overheat which is very uncomfortable to experience, especially in the summer when it is already very warm.

I'd rather be slightly too warm than not have a weighty blanket. But I don't like being too hot either. I can regulate the temperature a bit by putting a leg outside the blanket. I do also have a fan blowing full tilt too though. I also find the drone from the fan helps me sleep, sometimes I just put it on for the noise :-)

I often worry about the fan catching fire. Not sure if they are capable of combusting, as many people do have a fan on overnight or all day.

Yeah. I needed to buy a whole new set of bed linens, but they sure seemed thin. In the heat they'll do, but when it gets colder I may have to buy something else...flannel sheets maybe.

I will tolerate a blanket when it's cold, but in the same way I don't like clothing, I don't like covers on top of me. I can't imagine the extra confined feeling a weighted blanket would create

I often worry about the fan catching fire. Not sure if they are capable of combusting, as many people do have a fan on overnight or all day.
A fan is very unlikely to catch fire. The only ways this could happen in theory is if the fan was so badly worn out that it produced excessive heat and caught fire. But this couldn't really happen as the fuse would blow well before this could occur.

The other way is that the fan power cable is damaged and the full electrical current has to flow through a frayed cable causing excessive heat. But again, the fuse would blow well before this could happen.

Heat causes resistance which causes an increase in heat, which increases the current or "Amps" and too many amps blow the fuse.

So as long as you put the fan in a safe place, eg. on a flat stable surface it should be perfectly safe to leave on while you sleep :-)

Recently, I changed my bedding from heavy winter blankets to light summer blankets. While I do not miss the heat of the former, I found myself missing their weight. Who knew!?
Snap. Just like I can't deal with light handshakes or delicate hugs. Too much of the wrong kind of input. It drives me NUTS. One night was crazy hot last year, so my wife suggested having only a sheet on top. Unbearable. Really.

I have a four seasons (permanently using winter) wool duvet. It weighs a TON. The kids often jump on the bed and get told to neaten it up after. They struggle to get it off the floor. It's a beast. I love it.

I'd rather be slightly too warm than not have a weighty blanket. But I don't like being too hot either. I can regulate the temperature a bit by putting a leg outside the blanket.
Hello me. Exactly. The "leg too warm.....ahhhhh cool air...... leg too cold.... ahhh warm covers" dance is part of the joy of being in bed.

Yeah. I needed to buy a whole new set of bed linens, but they sure seemed thin. In the heat they'll do, but when it gets colder I may have to buy something else...flannel sheets maybe.
Flannel.....sheets..... :eek:

I do love the summer. I'm just not a huge fan of hot nights. I do wish the nights would freeze in the summer, like in the desert lol.
But otherwise I do like the summer because I enjoy thunderstorms and I like wearing shorts and t-shirt when it's hot, and I like the trees being all green. I don't like autumn at all. In fact I hate autumn. I wish I could live somewhere surrounded by evergreen trees so that I won't have to watch them shed their leaves all over the place.

But spring is my favourite season.

I do also have a fan blowing full tilt too though. I also find the drone from the fan helps me sleep, sometimes I just put it on for the noise :)
Me too, and it allows me to use a heavier blanket longer in the season.
full

I hate summers precisely because it gets too hot to wear clothing and blankets. I can’t stand the sensation of bare skin.

I prefer to sleep in a cool to cold room under a warm blanket. Love being in a sleeping bag when it is frosty out. I think I like to have my face and head cool and breathe cool air but still be snuggly warm.

New Threads

Top Bottom