• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Blogging to relieve anxiety

Hi. You have your email address on the website... this is likely to be picked up by bots and you will start to get lots of junk mail. If you really want an email address on there I would consider creating a new gmail.com address only for this website.

I read everything. It comes across as sincere and from the heart. Really nice. :)

So, my doctor told me to start blogging or writing a journal to relieve some of (the very much) anxiety i have. I made a blog yesterday and if someone wants to check it out and give me feedback on how to improve it i would be really happy. Thanks / Catfish

https://hjaymomo.wixsite.com/momo
I used to do this on here specifically but I haven't spent as much time, which actually feels good for my mental health. Been focusing on more creative and productive stuff, I also don't want too many people to see my face (I posted a pic of myself on here) :p However, I do journal pretty often and write in little books when interesting things happen. Life has been pretty relaxing lately ^w^ I would love to check out your thingy!!

My anxiety is bad too. I don't like standing in lines in shops. But sometimes, I have no funds in my bank.

I renewed my bus pass, but I hardly ever use buses. I do like to go on a bus at night, as my anxiety is nowhere as bad for some reason.

I write a lot for the very same reason. I would be mortified if other people could read some of the things I write though, to me it's very private.

If I see a story on the news that upsets me I write a letter to the people involved. Important though - I do not send the letter. It helps me to vent a lot of my frustrations in life, and also when I read the letter back to myself it helps me to better rationalise my thoughts.

I write a lot for the very same reason. I would be mortified if other people could read some of the things I write though, to me it's very private.

If I see a story on the news that upsets me I write a letter to the people involved. Important though - I do not send the letter. It helps me to vent a lot of my frustrations in life, and also when I read the letter back to myself it helps me to better rationalise my thoughts.

Interesting idea.

I have decades of them. It's interesting to go back and read some of the older ones sometimes. Some of them are a bit cringeworthy.

And sometimes what I write just turns out so perfect that I do send the letter. But mostly it's about going through the exercise of putting my thoughts down in such a way that other people would be able to understand them, this helps me to better understand myself, or sometimes just points out to me that I'm being a little bit silly.

Warning - alcohol and an email account aren't always a good mix. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom