• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Brain fried from social interaction

I am so glad that you are here, Spiller. :rose:You make me smile. :)

GhostWriter, you have such a wonderfully caring heart to think of your hubby's feelings, and his family's feelings, too. It seems we are in the same situation. A lifetime of trying to meet others' social needs is catching up to us. Perhaps your therapist has a wise point about disclosing to those close to us. I agree with you though, people do seem to take our need for solitude personally, especially when the only thing on their minds is innocently having some chit-chat. You're doing a great job by consulting with a therapist.

I am so grateful for the people in my life. I don't wish to hurt them, but sometimes I need a people-break. Hard to tread gently, when nobody in our lives can relate.

Yes, Warmheart, it IS difficult to empathize with others, 'The Majority' when we are so misunderstood! And sometimes I wonder if it is worth it!! Have you ever watched the Doc Martin series on TV?? It 's funny, but it also hits home...
I replied to the Thread about Sensory Perception just now- wonder if you might understand my 'philosophy'?? Especially the last part?

New Threads

Top Bottom